DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you use on your plastic trim?

5K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  PATCH08 
#1 ·
What is the best product to keep the black plastic trim looking new? I have a sport so the only trim I have is pretty much the bed rail caps and the top of the back bumper, but if it fades it will look bad against the black paint.

#2 ·
I currently use mothers back to black cleaner and restorer I havent used any other products so I cant comment others products, but the mothers has been holding up good for the past few months.

#9 ·
look at Cquartz Dlux. a very good semi permanenet trim treatment that does not run or streak.

#13 ·
I use a "cheapy" microfiber towel dedicated to just this product. I kind of saturate one corner of the cloth, spray a little on the bed cap in a line, then work it back & forth to get even coverage.

I find that letting it sit a few minutes before buffing it off with the dry part of the same cloth works best.

Hope this helps, Glider.

#14 ·
I use Turtle Wax "Super Protectant" I have an Express so I use it on my black plastic door handles, mirrors, antenna base and the plastic thang in front of the windshield under the wipers. If there is any white oxidation it seems to remove it. It will last through several truck washes without having to reapply. It also has the "sun-stop" UV protectant in it as well so I am sure that doesnt hurt either. Very happy with it!

#18 ·
I like Meguiars Ultimate Black. It's a gel and I apply it with a foam wax applicator. Just work it into the plastic, let sit for a few minutes, and lightly buff with a clean soft microfiber. It lasts several months for me.

#22 ·
303 is a great product-------even though an Aggie recommended it, I agree. :smileup:
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.