DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone have a Recon 3rd brake light?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
I just purchased a Recon 3rd brake light and the cargo light stays on. It's not fully lit though it's just dim. When I actually turn the cargo light on it's much brighter. I was just wondering if it's supposed to this or not. Any feedback is appreciated.

#4 ·
Does it stay on while the truck is running? I know after I shut the truck off and lock the doors it will stay on for a minute then shut off.

#3 ·
Yup, I have one on mine however don't have that problem. Only comes on when it's suppose to. I do have a relay coil wired into that circuit to power a light under my Tonneau cover, maybe that's why I don't have a problem. :4-dontknow:

#6 ·
That is exactly why yours does not stay on. When I first got mine I was thrown off a bit by it and immediately started research. I then went to Florida the following week where the ReCon business is and asked in person. They stated that it has something to do with the residual power left over after the LEDs turns off. It isn't enough to be bright but it is very dim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.