DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge know it's a bad transmission

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RadioFlyer 
#1 ·
Last Sunday I was backing my truck out of the driveway when all of a sudden the gear display on the console began to flash 1-2-3-4-5 and did it several times until it stuck on gear 4. I put the truck in drive and it would not move. So I was finally able to move it in the driveway and it was towed to the dealer the next day. On Monday evening I got a call from service diagnosed as a bad PCM. The PCM was ordered and overnight and installed on Tuesday.

Tuesday evening, service called and told me the problem still existed with the new PCM installed. I was then told that Dodge engineers were called to help determine the issue. I was also told that extensive test had to done and I would receive a call after testing was completed.

I called service 4 times on Wednesday to determine status. I finally received a call that evening informing me that they were still trying to determine the problem. Today I call several times this morning until I was finally able to to get the same answer I was told yesterday.

Dodge knows it is a transmission failure and it is covered under the Lifetime Warranty. I will be there first thing in the morning for to get answer on what are Dodge plans for my truck?

Has anyone had a similar issue?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.