DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New mods question

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
hey guys need some advice. im getting ready(like tomorrow) order some new stuff for the truck and wanna make sure im not wasting my money. i have a 08 big horn slt 4x4 with 5.7 in it. all i have is a flowmaster muffler with duals leaving it to the corners with 3 inch tips. i have the mds and hate the sound so i know im ordering the predator so that i can turn it off. i was planning on getting the BFI intake with it as well. my question is, is it a noticable difference with the bfi, or would i feel the same change and response with just the tuner. i really want a spray on bedliner as well but can only afford 2 of the 3. and if i will actually be able to tell a significant gain with the bfi then im sold. i just dont want to spend the 400 bucks on it if im not going to tell any difference thats worth that money.any ideas or thoughts or results would be geat!

thanks guys
oh yea also getting the plugs changed tomorrow...the factory ones ok or the ngk or bosch that much better?

#2 ·
how fast can u get the BFI ? id get the bedliner then wait to get the CIA or even the tuner

#8 ·
VARARAM and Superchips BAWWWHhahahaha.... do your home on the products available and make a decision any way you go you will love it

#9 ·
:smileup:Yes man.......they all sound great to me. Tiime to wake up that HEMI GIANt.Let us know how you make out....thanks.:smileup:

#10 ·
I'll throw this out there the S&B intake I have made a nice difference and its alot cheaper. I like it alot i felt a diff for sure. I have exhaust and chip as well so you can relate

#11 ·
Where did you get yours? The S&B www site doesn't list anything over '01 for gas Dodges. Perhaps I'm on an old/wrong site.:4-dontknow:

#12 ·
well i went with the bfi intake and the predator. predator should be here by the end of next week. intake will be here in 30 days. lance at airflow innovations explained how they are going to a carbon fiber composite and they are just now releasing them. they are lighter and just a little bit bigger. i will keep everyone posted on the results. :)

#13 ·
:smileup: That sounds awsome. Cant wait for your results and input. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.