DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Ram Unconnect fail

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
First off, TERRIFIC forum you have here, very informative!

I just traded in my old 2004 Ram for a 2011 Ram CC Sport. Love the truck, but as you can imagine, coming for a 2004, I have much to learn! I need some assistance.

I can NOT get Uconnect to pair with my phone. I have spent hours to no avail. Radio is RBZ, dont know what version software or how to find it. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2.

I have gone thru all the steps, sometimes the phone will tell me "pairing rejected by Uconnect" other times Uconnect will say "Pairing complete" but continues to tell me "Phone not available" I have gone thru the steps many times, name the phone, assign a priority level, assign a 4 digit PIN code.

On Uconnect website I enter my VIN and it tells me there are no updates for my truck.

My truck build date is 01/2011 if this matters. Is there an update for this Uconnect system? I have seen updates posted on this forum but am not sure if they are the correct updates for my radio and don't want to take the chance. Any ideas or thought would be most appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well Colby, I guess ya got me thinking in terms of phone rather than Uconnect. I went into my phone's settings and updated PRL, Firmware and anything else I could possibly update. Went out to truck and connected to Uconnect first shot. So thanks!

Hopefully this will help another future lost soul.

#4 ·
1) The Samsung Galaxy S2 works fine with Uconnect especially if it has not been updated to the Android 4.3 Sw version. Even if it has, the phone will still pair fine. The issue with the 4.3 Android SW version is only on CDMA phones (Sprint & Verizon) and what happens is that if you place an outgoing call, the call will start to be made but then Uconnect will reply with "call completed". This is a phone issue where Uconnect will ask the phone if it has an active call and the phone doesn't answer back. So Uconnect assumes that there isn't a call and then goes back to radio mode.

2) There are 2 Uconnect SW updates available and are easily applied, I have the thread below with the update links and instructions:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=127060&highlight=2011+uconnect+update

3) For pairing, you may be just missing a step, so I have a youtube video that I threw together a while back for a person who was having an issue with pairing the Samsung Blaze (quite similar phone as yours). Check it out, it may be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej-Toxnx6I8

#5 ·
XSBDS, this is VERY helpful and I thank you. I had seen your upgrade post before but was a bit leery to try it as I don't know what version my current Uconnect is and don't know how to find out.

I did finally get my phone to pair but would like to try the update regardless.

I don't understand the whole Uconnect thing, I bought my truck used and it came with Uconnect as well as Sat radio. Isn't there a monthly charge for both these items? How is it my truck has both?

#8 ·
Glad that the info was helpful to you. As for the Uconnect SW version, the easiest way to get the current SW version is to drop the glovebox door down to the floorboard, then look inside the opening to the far right. You'll see a module about 4"x6", there will be a SW version on the label. It's probably going to be something like 43.01.10 or 43.01.30. In this case, you'll want to apply the updates.
On Uconnect as others have mentioned, there isn't a charge for vehicles prior to 2013. In 2013, Chrysler added some active features kind of like Onstar.
There is a monthly / yearly charge for Sirius.

\

#7 · (Edited)
I have never had to pay for the Uconnect function, i think that Chrysler started charging for some of the functions of Uconnect in 2013

The Sirius/XM has a yearly or multi-year fee & can be somewhat negotiated
don't bother talking to the normal sales persons, they are all working for an outsourced company in India or somewhere else. Ask them to connect you to someone in New York, then you can receive all the information & sometimes negotiate the fee

this what you could do with a 2012 RBZ radio, it may also work with yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLwgI-7H4g4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.