DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I-Pod/U-Connect

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Geniusgene 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, a quick question..Do all 2010 Ram 1500's have an I-Pod connection in the glove compartment?? I read somewhere else that it may be in the center console..I have a TRX4 that has the buttons for U-Connect. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyways, I cant find anything in the glove compartment..Thanks my friends in advance..:gy:

#2 ·
Not sure whether or not it is the same on ours because mine is an 06, but i have an auxiliary jack in the dash that looks like a headphone jack...you can plug an ipod/iphone into that and listen to it through the car speakers on auxiliary. Not sure if this will help, since mine is an 06.

#3 · (Edited)
According to the brochure that I have (Canadian Version). It's included with the Media Center Radio Option, 430 CD/DVD/HDD and the 730N CD/DVD/HDD/NAV. It's also included with the Uconnect Phone with voice command option. The connection is located in the upper glove box. It also comes with the cable to connect the iPod Hope this helps.

#5 ·
I have the u-connect but haven't looked for the i-pod connector...I should. The only connection I know of is the auxillary port in the front of the stereo.

#7 ·
it isn't a fan of the iphone but kinda works. but highly inconvenient.

Also for those people with iPhone issues the 2.4 update for mygig has been released. However I am told this doesn't quite address the iPhone issue totally. There is a software update for the iPhone in beta as we speak that is supposed to fix the Uconnect Bluetooth issue.

Sorry for the hijack

#9 ·
nope, my '10 TRX4 has the I-Pod connection on the dash, nothing in the glove box. All depends which head unit you get in the truck. Even though I have the 700 whatever watt Alpine it has the non-Nav head unit, so no hidden I-Pod connection...

#10 ·
Ya, on my 2010 in the glove box I have small black plastic tab that sticks out and says 'ipod' or 'aux' (cant recall exactly...). When I picked the truck up it came with a very bulky 12" long cable that plugs to this and the other end is an Ipod connector. Cant miss it. Left hand side of the upper glove box.

I have the Nav/Media Center so my truck also has the mic jack on the dash and a USB port. But from what I can tell the USB can only be used to load pictures and music onto the internal HDD...?

#12 ·
Does anyone hve pictures of where exactly the iPod cable would connect
I have a 09 ram with top of the line radio I don't really want to use the front USB for the iPod would rather have the iPod tucked away in the glove box.
I purchased the cable already and the installation cd isn't very help full

Thanks
Chris

#13 ·
1) which radio do you have?

2) The front USB connector doesn't support iPods, it's used for updates, play media from thumb drives and download media from thumb drives.

3) Which cable did you buy? Can you post a picture of it?

4) Normally if Uconnect is factory installed, the connector would be in the top of the glovebox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.