DODGE RAM FORUM banner

SIRI and Uconnect now work together

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mpdamon 
#1 ·
Do you have an IPhone and want SIRI, visual voice mail and voice messages to work with Uconnect? Is your vehicle built after 6-2011 and you have either a RES, REQ, RBZ or RHB radio?

I have a contact that was able to modify the Uconnect SW so that SIRI, visual voice mail and voice messages will now work. I made a short video on using SIRI and Visual Voice mail with Uconnect. The phone that I was using is a 4S however I have also used the 5 & 5S. The radio is the RHB but this SW modification will also work on the RES, REQ & RBZ radios.
After I made the video, it was brought to my attention that with iOS 8.02, that you can use SIRI without having to press the home button. But in order for this feature to work, the phone has to be plugged into a power source (lighter charger), this is how Apple has this feature working.
The video is at YouTube and the link to it is:

http://youtu.be/NgU01YsNuv4

#3 ·
I don't really have much experience with the RHR radio and that radio has Uconnect built into the radio where the radios that I mentioned (RES,REQ,RBZ & RHB) all use the external Uconnect module. The RHR is built by Harman, While the others are built by Alpine and Panasonic so there are SW differences and strategies.

#5 · (Edited)
LOL my cell phone is so old, i am just happy to have an external speaker

I am getting a 2015 Ram next year, it will have the 8.4 N radio & i will still be keeping my Motorola Razor V3
unless i can get a phone that has a louder external speaker & close to the same monthly price for service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.