DODGE RAM FORUM banner

i-pod

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 ST with the plain Jane radio/CD player/Aux jack model RES.

My old truck had an Alpine radio in it and on the back of the radio, there was the ability to add a high speed data cable for an i-pod that allowed me to control the i-pod with the car stereo and charge the i-pod. The i-pod sat in my glove box 24/7 and I always had 160 GB of music at my finger tips and needed no CD's in the car. It was awesome.

Does anyone know if there is the ability to add this type of cable to the factory stereo?

I don't mind using the aux cable but it sucks that it doesn't charge the i-pod.

I think the stereo and speakers sound good and I would rather not change the factory radio.

#4 ·
If you do not have Uconnect installed then that cable will not work for you. You're only option at that point is to use a USB power connector that plugs into the lighter and then an aux cable.

QUOTE=dog-pete;1315347]I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Usb-I...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item417b31088a&vxp=mtr

Does anyone know if this will work on a radio that does not have the uconnect system? Where on the radio does the cable plug in?[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.