DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Text message stopped working

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  xsdbs 
#1 ·
For the last two months my texts and voice replies were working fine. Now it's graded out and doesn't work. My phone is compatible and in the phone settings it shows it's connected for phone, audio, and MAP. I've re-paired it and doesn't work. Any idea? Phone is verizon droid Maxx.

#4 ·
So after calling uconnect they say the phone isn't compatible. The new android 4.4 doesn't work. So I ask why did it work and now not? They say as the system updates it will lose compatibility. They are working on it and are always updating the system I was told, even that it was probably an OTA update. So they blame the phone. After looking at what other phones are compatible, ie the razr Maxx, I paired my older razr Maxx and still no text. I called Motorola and they stated the version of android is irrelevant because the MAP profile is the same across their phones and uconnect doesn't have OTA updates. So now a week later the phone is working fine with text. Who knows? So I confirmed with uconnect and they don't do OTA updates. So I think it's within the system, sometimes when I try to re-pair the phone can't find the uconnect system. I may try to have it replaced by the dealer.

I don't like the run around from uconnect with false info.

#5 ·
When I have run into these types of issues where a feature was working and then started having issues, I find that a reboot of the phone helps most of the time. These phones are little computers and just like our PC's and laptops, they'll get bogged down.
On phones where the battery can be accessed, remove it for a few minutes, then reinsert it. Now try using the troubled issue to see if it helped.
On phones where the battery can not be accessed, you need to do a factory reset. This is where the phone deletes data, pictures and media stored on the phone. You'll need to save that stuff on to a SD card, cloud, Google etc. You will also lose your pairing with Uconnect so you'll need to delete the phone from Uconnect and re-pair the phone to Uconnect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.