DODGE RAM FORUM banner

u connect??

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  rolloffman71 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 ram st with the media 130 system and the u connect buttons on the radio. Now when I press either of the u connect buttons nothing happens at all, it does not say anything on the radio screen. I started looking around, and the Bluetooth module is there I have the rear view mirror with the 2 mics in it, plus I found the usb connect behind the glove box. The window sticker has uconnect voice command with Bluetooth as an option installed, the stealership is no help, they sold me the truck used(new to me :) ) with only a powertrain warranty because of the km's. So ant help on this mater would be greatly appreciated before I bite the bullet and hand more money over to the stealership. Thank you for the great site, and keep up the hard work!!!

Rolloffman

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry to the mods for posting in the wrong forum, my bad. And yes it is the factory system, I will try to see if I get a signal on my phone but as I said in the original post when either of the u connect buttons are pressed, nothing happens, nothing on the screen anything??. Thanks for your reply

Rolloffman

P.S just tried bluetooth on my phone and it did not find anything.

#7 ·
If there are other items that are not working, then most likely there is a blown fuse.
Also on another note, in order to get into the "set up" menu, you don't use the voice button. You'd press and release the Uconnect white phone button and say "set up, phone pairing, pair phone". Then Uconnect will lead you thru the steps. This is not the issue that you're having where there are no prompts at all, that is power related.

#8 ·
thanks for all the inputs, I finally figured it out, It was a fuse that ranthe 12 volt keyed power outlet. The stange thing is that the fuse was not blown, in the fuse box(under the hood) the spot for the fuse has two spots it can go into, instead of the two slots for a normal fuse there were three???. The the fuse box labeled it as 12 volt keyed/switched ???. Anyways now its asking me for a update, to plug in an usb stick I"ve been looking for and update and the uconnect site says I don"t need one, antone know about this update? my system is 130 media center. Thank you for any and all input!!

#9 ·
thanks for all the inputs, I finally figured it out, It was a fuse that ran the 12 volt keyed power outlet. The strange thing is that the fuse was not blown, in the fuse box(under the hood) the spot for the fuse has two spots it can go into, instead of the two slots for a normal fuse there were three???. The the fuse box labeled it as 12 volt keyed/switched ???. Anyways now its asking me for a update, to plug in an usb stick I"ve been looking for and update and the uconnect site says I don"t need one, anyone know about this update? my system is 130 media center. Thank you for any and all input!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.