DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Trouble updating Uconnect Firmware from 14.16.1

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RandallM 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to update my 8.4AN today.. per the VIN it was pulled from a 2015. Downloaded the 15.06.1 firmware update from Uconnects website after I entered the VIN i was given from LKQ. I put it on my thumb drive and went to update and it said it was not compatible..

I currently have version 14.16.1

Was i given an incorrect VIN? is this maybe a 2013-2014 radio instead? Anyone have an idea? I have the 5 different themes that the 2015's are supposed to have so I dunno..

Thanks!

#3 ·
yeah it was named swdl.iso . It finds the update file just fine, asks me if I want to update then says "this software update is incompatible with my radio"

Below is the update log and some pictures..

********SOFTWARE UPDATE LOG********
Starting Update
Total units to update: 11
Installing unit 1 SYSTEM CHECK
Got the unit installer for SYSTEM CHECK
System Market matches
System Product matches
system_module_check: Part_number 68238619
This software update is incompatible with this radio. Update cannot be performed. Visit vehicle brand website for correct software
ERROR: This software update is incompatible with this radio. Update cannot be performed. Visit vehicle brand website for correct software
Software Update failed, see 'swdlLog.txt' on the USB stick for more details
Eject USB for RESET

Attachments

#6 ·
but if you look at the error log, it fails when it checks the product number of the radio stating that the radio part number itself is not compatible with the update. Says nothing of the model year of the truck. It would make no sense to have a software update fail based on the year of the truck... if that's truly the case then the software engineers are crazy..

#7 · (Edited)
As stated above, the update is for the YEAR MODEL 15 ONLY! They have different firmware than the 14's hence the fact for 15's only. Here is the site to get the true updates per your VIN. https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ A side note I think you might want to read and investigate before trying something that could completely disable the radio and cost you 1k or more. Just my opinion.

#11 ·
The Firmware update is based off the model year of the Radio.. not the truck itself.. I have confirmed from a person on the other Ram forum that has a 2015 model year radio in his 2014 truck like myself. He was able to update his 2015 radio just fine to the 15.6.1

His radio had a base firmware of 14.47.1 unlike the 14.16.1 I have. I'm going to try and update to the 14.47.1 then to the 15.6.1 and see if that works..

There was a hardware revision when they went from 2014 to 2015 and thats why the firmware is different. if you open up the 15.6.1 ISO file you will see it supports radio part numbers from Ram, Chrysler 200, Jeep, and a couple others.. mine is listed as being supported so I dunno what the issue is.

As for the radio itself.. there is nothing for the dealer to program. I have the security code and the radio works just fine. I just wanted the update as it fixes a couple bugs im having issues with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.