DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hypertech Programmer for 09 Ram 1500 4.7

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Rick59 
#1 ·
As most of you know there are not many options for the 2009 Ram 1500 4.7L engine as far as programmers are concerned. Well I got good news. Soon Hypertech will be releasing their new programmer for this model engine. I was just contacted by Hypertech tech. dept, and I am part of the beta testing program. I will be receiving my programmer in two days and will begin testing it on my truck. I was told by hypertech that once the few people install the new programming and fill out their questioniare that it won't be long until they release it to the stores for sales. I will keep yall posted on the results. I hope everyone is as excited as I am, becuase I have been waiting for this day for a while. You should try contact Hypertech if you haven't already and see if you can participate too. The price for the programmer through beta testing is only $100, that a steal considering what the reatail price is. Call Kenny Hatchel at Hypertech, hopefully it's not to late as I was just contacted about 20 minutes ago. They only send about 5 units at that price.

#2 ·
Hello, this is my first time posting on the forum. I just found out today that superchips has finally released the update for the flashpaq and the cortex for the '09 ram 4.7L. They have them rated up to +48 hp/ +50 tq :smileup:. Just spreading the word.

#6 ·
I got mine on Wednesday of last week. Performance wise I have noticed a big difference. Better takeoff from the line and an overall increase through out the power band, especially in the lower rpm range. I have noticed about a 1.5mpg on the highway but I have yet to try city mileage.

Glad you got one. I am pretty happy with mine, since I paid a third of what it would usually run.

#7 ·
Wow that sounds like a good programmer if the gains are what was said (48hp and 50tq). That seems like a huge amount for a programmer, the only times I have seen those kinda gains are with a turbo or something haha. Well it is good to see someone is doing stuff for the 4.7L!

#8 ·
I can really tell a difference and I only used the tuning for regular unleaded. The tuning for the premium fuels add even more power. I think the biggest improvement is the overall accerlation from a stand still. My truck launches off the line now, and my passing gear kicks in less often. I am very pleased. I can not compare it to other tuners as this is the first one I have ever used in a vehicle. I had the JET power module before the programmer and that thing is now a joke after using the programmer.

#12 ·
Well i got my flashpaq from super chips here in florida and damn what a difference,The launch now is a head jerker, gained about 1 mile per gal. on 93 oct. took off the top speed limiter and can easliy bury the speedo.Need to run some 60ft.times but so far super chips has out done anything i've seen around.also have an airaid cold air intake and a spintech exhaust which is only 12" long.compared to the stock 36" muffler With these mods i can spank stock hemi's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.