DODGE RAM FORUM banner

which transmission for the R/T?

2013 R/T question

15K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  14RTRAM 
#1 ·
I am thinking about picking up a 2013 R/T and I have one question for the masses.

I was looking at the 2013 order guide that is in this post:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=123635

As far as I can tell, at first they will come with the 5.7 and a 6 speed and 4:10 gears, but will eventully (late availability) come with the 8 speed and 3:92 gears.

The question is, should I get one with the 6 speed or wait for the 8 speed?

#33 ·
I debated pretty hard on getting a R/T last year and probably would have except it was a LOT slower than my Trailblazer SS..... So I got a challenger instead lol

If I can get a RC/SB either R/T or sport with the 8 speed, I may have to consider the truck again! :thk:
My R/T runs with srt10 trucks so I don't know what you mean by a LOT slower than a trailblazer but bring it on.:box2:

#39 ·
There is no problem with strength or friction materials with the ZF eight-speed. This is the best transmission in the world and is used in the Rolls-Royce Phantom and in high performance models of the BMW and Audi with more than 500 horsepower. Fewer clutches is what gives it its efficiency, thus better fuel mileage. We ordered an R/T and we are waiting for the eight-speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.