DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mistake?

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  SmoothVanilla 
#1 ·
Just installed Westin platinum oval 4" ss nerf bars. The Mrs needed a little help for getting in and out. I ordered a set of Raptor ss running boards first, but they came with 3 of the 4 plastic end caps damaged. Sent them back no problem with AutoAnything. I decided not to chance another go round with shipping damage to the Raptor running boards ( the end caps seemed pretty fragile to me and had no support bracket to the frame ) and went with the Westin nerfs. Not so sure now they are on the truck. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Step

:wavey:Well to be honest they still look huge to me, but this is the first truck I've ever put on any kind of a step/tube/nerf/running board. They are rock solid and are working out just fine for the Mrs and passengers. For me, on the driver side I use it getting in, but getting out I forget it is there and still step out to the ground. When I do remember to use it getting out it still feels very awkward. They are good quality stainless and polish up very nice. I do not have any complaints with the Westin oval step bar as far as quality, functionality, and appearance. I still feel the truck would look better without any type of step. Especially on a RCSB R/T, but as they say happy wife happy life!:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.