DODGE RAM FORUM banner

14' Blue Streak R/T Build Thread

21K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  Smurfkiller 
#1 ·
So I figure I would put all my pictures and mods in one thread to be updated as progress continues.

So I special ordered my truck back in December 2013 and took delivery almost exactly 8 weeks later in February and have loved it ever since. I had knee surgery at the beginning of March which of course means I had way too much time to peruse the forums and spend money on parts.

The day after I picked her up sitting high as could be.

mmmmmmm Pearl....

First Mod:
Custom stake pocket fill plates

Access Tonnosport roll up cover

Shorty Billet Antenna and De-Badged "RAM 1500"

The real change came in the form of a Belltech 964sp 2/4" drop. A nice easy bolt in affair, well except those stupid top rear shock bolts. I want to punch the guy who designed that placement.

Got my windows tinted

A little of my OCD showing. I cleaned all the surface rust and painted the rear axle.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I didn't like how out of place the bright clear turn lenses looked on the mirrors so I did some VHT niteshades on them. The LED's are so bright that even tinted you can still easily see the turn indicators. I masked off some small dots on the bottom for the puddle lamps though.

Before:

After:

Then some billet goodies. Catch can and R/T center caps.

I modded the center caps by adding some paint into the logos.

Mounted:

I had been tossing around the idea of a rear R/T logo on the tailgate and actually have one but decided I liked the clean look. I instead got a plate frame with R/T on it. Makes the license plate mounting look better and gives me my R/T logo on the back.

How the truck looks currently

#3 ·
Not sure this adds much performance but it sure it fun to listen to. I added and electric cutout between the Y-Pipe and muffler. She gets rowdy when opened up, but can still be quiet for highway cruising. I mounted the switch in the little flat spots in the rear of the deep center console bin. I will have to add that photo later.

So that is where I stand. I have many more mods planned. Probably next up is some sort of intake followed by sway bars and then who knows. Maybe some QA1 shocks. I will get this pig to handle one way or another.

#10 ·
Thanks for the comments

Aggie86:
The center caps were pretty easy to paint. I just used some "One Shot" sign paint with a small brush. I wasn't too concerned about staying in the lines just try not to make too big of a mess. After applying the paint I just flipped them upside down and rubbed them gently on a lint free cloth or rag to remove any excess paint on the raised portion. Let it dry and that was it.

Twizzy228:
I initially painted the mirrors on the truck but the came out spotty and I wanted to redo them so I had to take them off the truck to sand the lenses. The mirrors themselves are held on by 3 10mm nuts and a push clip, so easy to remove. The challenge is the electrical connector which is connected inside the door panel. It really is not much of a challenge though. You just pull the door panel which is really easy. Chrysler learned that using "Christmas Tree" clips are bad. So now you just removed all the perimeter screws and the hidden screw behind the door release handle and the panel just lifts up. Probably takes 10 minutes for the first side if you have never done it before and by the second side 5 minutes.

#11 ·
Curious about the wheel center caps. Where did you get them?

#13 ·
MrAcoustics,

So, you have the Belltech 964SP kit installed... Belltech says "this kit doesn't work for 2014s" you have obviously proved this to be incorrect. Any troubles with getting the kit to fit? Any weird vibrations or events while driving?

Truck looks killer bud!

Thanks,
Greg

Ps... Noticed your pics are in auburn hills... Do you work for Chrysler?

#15 ·
MrAcoustics,

So, you have the Belltech 964SP kit installed... Belltech says "this kit doesn't work for 2014s" you have obviously proved this to be incorrect. Any troubles with getting the kit to fit? Any weird vibrations or events while driving?
Yep just looked at the box 964sp. Bought it from Moes who list it for 2009-2014 rams. Bolted up no problem and the dealer had no problem getting the alignment in spec. I can't say I felt a huge change in the ride stiffness after the drop. The truck is still the smoothest vehicle I own. Then again my other two cars are lowered and on racing coilovers so maybe my perspective on ride quality is a little skewed.

#14 ·
Rather see these pictures of your truck than your kids, looks very cool. I had a 1996 1500 regular cab Sport in Intense Blue so I like it a lot!

#18 ·
I was cleaning up some picture folders on my computer and found this picture from the summer. Oh how I wish it was warm again. This is from the public fun laps at the local road course. I didn't get to fully open it up on the straight aways, but still had fun. It is an R/T after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.