DODGE RAM FORUM banner

R/T Options......

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Big John 02 
#1 ·
Hi folks.....

I'll be ordering an R/T this year and have a couple questions.

Do all R/Ts come standard with the push button start and an alarm, or are they part of specific packages, like the remote start and convenience groups???

#8 ·
I like the NAV, but don't really use it that much. I like not having something hanging from the windshield. Is it worth the $500 charge? Debatable I guess. I figure if I'm going to buy something that I'm going to live with for a long time, I might as well get what I want so I won't be always wondering or feel the need to upgrade sooner.

#9 ·
The Nav is pretty darn good, it even gets good reviews from the car mags and online.

The big plus is you speak naturally, so to enter an address you hit the voice recognition button on the wheel and say "navigate to 1234 Bendover street, Seattle, Washington 01234" and give it 20 seconds or so - boom - you are on your way.
The old POS Navs you have to enter the street, address, city, state, zip all separately and takes 10 times as long.

And you can look stuff up on Yelp and dump the address direct to the Nav. It is worth the money to me.

Remote start is great to have, one of my favorite features. I'd also recommend the sliding rear window. It makes great ventilation in the cab. I got the CD player and it was a waste of money.

#10 · (Edited)
I agree that he 8.4 AN navigation is a great piece of gear. It is fast at calculating the route and the thing that I like best being in the northern VA area is the traffic avoidance feature. It is the first system that I have had that no kidding takes real time traffic conditions, senses traffic jams and asks if you would like to be rerouted BEFORE you are sitting in the traffic jam. It has saved me on numerous occasions.

I also opted for the Rambox option. There was a special deal with a $500 rebate for that option making it not much more expensive than a good tool box. I use the Rambox way, way more than I ever thought I would. With limited space in an R/T it is handy to throw your jacket in before getting into the truck or putting the bachelor bags of groceries. Also carry my 20 guage there for quick access. The bed divider is very slick too and keeps items from sliding around the bed of the truck. I havent used the tie down feature yet.

#12 ·
I would order it loaded because trying to add anything later besides the side steps and a tonneau cover is a huge pain in the ass.

You don't have to go far into the forums to read about guys trying to add stuff later on....even an item that you can purchase later such as the trailer brake controller when added by the dealer apparently does not give you the same control as it would if you would have factory ordered it. And the labour rates the dealers want to do a simple program into the ecm is like highway robbery.

Trust me when I say that if you are going to have this truck for a long time then order it loaded up the way you want from the get go. Don't say.....oh I will just add that later......because sometimes you can't and if you can it will cost you way more than if you had just ordered in the first place.

#14 ·
I have been told however that if you order the Trailer Tow Group that you would not get the 22" Wheels. I was told yo need to order the Trailer Brake Controller and the Hitch as separate options to get the 22" wheels. This could be wrong information but I have no way to confirm this and I don't trust the Ram Website to be 100% correct.

Perhaps other members who may have choose the Trailer Tow Group could let us know.

I ordered the Trailer Brake Controller and Hitch but as separate option items. I know the Trailer Tow Group does for a fact change Mirrors and I wanted the Painted Sport Mirrors which I got by ordering the items separately.

#15 ·
The tow package, at least on the '14 R/T came with those ugly tow mirrors. If I were interested in the brake controller, I'd order it separately. I really don't like the look of the tow mirrors on the R/T. Just my two cents.

#21 ·
For comparison, I orderd a 2014 this time last year and took delivery in May. MSRP was $39,425 and I paid $30,000 plus TT&L. There are a number of rebates that can be had for a regular cab (even an R/T) if they are being put into service for buisness use (dosent need to be registered in the buisness name). If you are a buisness owner I'd discuss that with the dealer. There was also a $500 rebate on the Rambox option at the time for buisness owners. I think that one expired for use on 2015 models. Rebates actually increased by $500 while I waited for delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.