DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Ram Express Upgrades

8K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  TonyD87 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Ram Express and I am interested in finding a set of the 22" wheels with tires that came on the R/T model. Does anyone know someone that is selling these? Also I am looking into replacing the stock radio with the oem navigation unit, will this just plug in? Thank you

#3 ·
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask ~ How about posting a few photos of your truck? I'm here to help you navigate the site so drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself. :Hey:

#4 ·
Hey might want to look at aftermarket rims the 22's can be upwards of 3k i almost bought rims then i would be selling my 22's but real life happened lol. And as long as you have the infinity sound system it will be plug and play if not your going to need another harness and the sat/nav antennes

#5 ·
I want some too, I check ebay and kijiji almost daily
a few lucky guys on DT got some new take-offs with tires for $2k on ebay.

Alcoa's are a premium quality wheel standard on all SRT8 Cars/Jeeps
and the 22" R/T wheel actually weighs less than a 20" Chrome Clad
as a result...they are not cheap, some local dealers quote $1000+ each!

Part# is ALY2388 Dodge Ram 1500 Wheel Polished #52014257AA

Best price I've found on line is $399.95 ea, no tires
http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merc...e_Code=HC&Product_Code=8173&Category_Code=358

#6 ·
Without knowing what you paid for your Express I'm glad I bought y R/T as I knew your model was comng out but I'd have to spend thousands to get it to my current R/T level.

Mine was $32K retail and with 6500 in rebate/discounts I spent just over $25K for the truck. The Express was still a few months from hitting the lots but I wanted the Sport interior, NAV and most of all the 22's. The retail price on those alone justified to me the price diff btw the Express and R/T.

If I ever do sell the truck the 22's are staying with me.

#7 ·
I really like the R/T's. At first we looked at the R/T, and would of bought one, but are not offered in 4-wheel drive. Need 4x4 for winter driving.

I'm sure the OP will find a set of 22" rims, just might take some time. Someone will purchase an R/T and want a different look, he'll just have to be ready to pull the trigger.
As for the NAV set-up, I believe it can be installed, but you'll have to get dealer to flash for it to work? Hope you can get some answers from some of the forum pro's who know for sure.

#12 ·
Does anyone know if there is someone selling the R/T sport hood and mirrors in gray? Also looking to put an exhaust and intake on my truck, what does everyone think is best? I was thinking a magnaflow system and a K&N intake. Whats the best lowering kit?

#13 ·
I have never shipped anything to Canada so I am not sure how that would work or the cost/risk involved. However, my price is $2300 + actual shipping costs. Of course the funds would have to clear here before shipping. I can provide references from other websites, ebay, etc., talk on the phone or whatever needed to make a transaction correct on both ends and expect the same treatment. I can take pics and post/send when needed. Would be glad to move this conversation to the for sale section if needed.

#25 · (Edited)
I have never shipped anything to Canada so I am not sure how that would work or the cost/risk involved. However, my price is $2300 + actual shipping costs. Of course the funds would have to clear here before shipping. I can provide references from other websites, ebay, etc., talk on the phone or whatever needed to make a transaction correct on both ends and expect the same treatment. I can take pics and post/send when needed. Would be glad to move this conversation to the for sale section if needed.

Sorry, if they were not used then $2K is fair based on the other two sales I've seen posted.
Shipping is $250, and I would pay via paypal.
I would likely get rid of the good-for-a-years anyway for some wider 305 Nitto NT420S summer tires.
I have 305/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock 20's (for Winter)

For $600 less I would be better off with a brand new set of Gloss Black factory reproduction 22" SRT10's
That already come with wider 305/40R22's for $1700 (+$250 shipping). (ebay item# 350475867530)

I've got another 6-7 months until Spring to keep an eye out for a cheaper set, and hopefully find a set locally.

Thanks anyway, good luck with the sale ...those are awesome wheels

#15 ·
Just curious for what its going to cost you to get it to an r/t level would not of buying an r/t been cheaper on my dealers lot the sport was 21k and i paid 26.5 for mine after rebates after rims tires and all the other stuff it will cost way more then 5k. Just curious lol. Also go here www.stacydavis.com the tv show gearz look up dragon wagon he's converting a sport truck.

#17 ·
At my local dealer they didnt have any R/T available, The Express was $26,000 sticker, they gave me $6,500 in rebates, my trade was a 2006 f150 that I got $11,000 for so roughly I got the truck for $8,500. So im just going to slowly build it up to the R/T level. I just want to get the wheels, hood and mirrors and thats all.

#26 ·
No problem, one question though. How do you get 20's to fit on a 22 inch rim?

"Gloss Black factory reproduction 22" SRT10's
That already come with wider 305/40R20's"

Hey Tony, I am not sure how much shipping would be. I am guessing around 50 to 75 a wheel. I can take a little off but not alot. Let me know what you think...

#31 ·
Yeah the 2011 and 2012 R/T wheels are gonna bring a premium seeing as they're $5,000+ for a set from the dealership without tires plus about $800+ for tires. Best bet is going to the link posted where they were around $400 a wheel since those are refurbished ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.