DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lowering a 2011 Ram Express

18K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  chuckie 
#1 ·
I am interested in lowering my 2011 Ram Express. Has anyone lowered a ram express or R/T? What is the best kit and how much work is involved?

#2 ·
Basic tools needed, floor jack / jackstands. etc. Definitely something you can do
in your garage. I went with the groundforce 2/3 kit , came with shocks too.
There are other kits out there that guys have used, Mcgaughy's has a 2/4 drop.
All depends on your budget and the stance you want

#4 ·
If you check the suspension lowering section there are plenty of pictures and information for you. That way your not just getting opinions from us 2011 guys

#10 ·
you realize that makes no sense whatsoever :doh:

#9 ·
I heard that the belltech 2 and 4 kit was the best, but I was reading on another post that if you lower it that much that the track bar and sway bar have to be modified? Does that sound right? If it's only drilling a couple of holes then that won be that bad. I am just not sure about drilling into a brand new truck.

#11 ·
I installed the Ground Force kit 2/3 drop kit myself. And yes it is a top quality kit. Just like Chuckie said basic tools and a jack. Yes you have to drill one 1/2 hole on each side of the sway bar bracket no problems. you do not actually drill into the frame just the bracket. Here is a pic of the new hole after I drilled it. the other hole at the bottom is the oringial location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.