DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T

56K views 255 replies 44 participants last post by  RIPPMODS 
#1 ·
I am in the process of converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T. So far I have the painted side mirrors and door handles. Also I just ordered spyder halo headlights. Next I need the 22" wheels and sport hood. If anyone has seen someone selling either of these please let me know. This week I will have my 2" rear lowering kit by ground force installed and I recently out the nav system in it. i will have pics soon. Has anyone else done this yet?

#35 ·
So far my current mods to turn my Express into an R/T are going well. So far I have the sport hood painted and installed along with the paint matched mirrors and door handles. On Wednesday I will have the 2" rear lowering kit installed. I am still waiting on my new spyder headlights and HID kits to come in, they were on backorder. As far as looks all I need are those 22's. I will have some pictures soon.

#41 ·
The 2" lowering kit is on but I have not had a chance to get some pictures yet. It looks really good and handles alot better. I took my truck to a buddies 4x4 shop to get it installed. He let me put it on a lift and use his air tools to get it done. It took about an hour to install. Now I am just waiting on the spyder headlights and hid kit. They were on backorder and just shipped today. Has anyone seen R/T 22's for sale anywhere??

#44 ·
Cool. What'd you do for shocks? I heard the shocks the kit comes with need shimmed to fit properly and some others have just used the stock shocks. Also have heard that it only gives a 1" drop unlike the 2" drop advertised. Just wondering if they've fixed the issues they had?

#47 ·
There really isnt many more things that I want to do to the exterior of the truck, I have all of the R/T parts and now the Spyder headlights. I am debating whether the truck will look good with smoked taillights and black R/T 22's or should I laeave them polished?

#50 ·
Yes the rear does sit 1/4" lower, I noticed it when I was done installing the kit. I called ground force and they said that there should have been 1/4" spacers in the box but there wasn't. They mailed a set overnight and I will be getting them put on. Hopefully that fixes the problem. The spacers were not listed on the instructions.

dodgert did you have this same problem with your kit?

#52 ·
I think on my truck it gave me a little more than 2" of drop. I measured from the ground to the fender like they said and its exactly a 1/4" lower. They said that the spacers come in latest shipments. I got mine off amazon so it may have been manufactured earlier.

#53 ·
I see. Some members and I (including chvykller) tried to help them out supplying them some info on different spring combinations on different models. Maybe/hopefully it was useful to them and that's where they came up with different spacers now for different models...

#55 ·
Some more suggestions for you tint out the puddle lights they pop off and are very easy to tint and id say go for it with the tails 3 light coats should do the trick.And hell while your at it tint the 3rd brake light to and you think about painting your exh tips

#56 ·
Thank you, do you have a picture of the 22's in black? Did you plasti dip them or powder coat them? I'm still deciding if the black will look good with the gray. I really do like the wheels polished also. As far as the spyder headlights I did order them in chrome for now, they said if I don't install them I can swap them for the black ones if I want. Im thinking I want to put a light tint on the taillights not really dark.

#59 ·
I agree the polished do look better, post a picture when you get the inserts painted. I haven't found any of those for sale in a while, they had some on ebay for $1,500 but they had curb damage on them. I went to a rim shop and had my truck on a lift and tried different wheels that they had in stock and I just can't find anything that looks as good or as light as the R/T wheels.

#60 ·
Well this has made my decision very easy. I bought the R/T thinking that was a one of a kind truck. Now it seems everyone wants one, so lets make a fake one. Like the fiero/lambo. I have had mine 1 month and about 500 miles into it, if I knew then what i have learned now i would have never bought this truck. Its embarssing to be driving this thing around when people ask you if its real or fake because so many posers decided to flood the market with fake ones. On that note, good bye Ram R/T, going back to Chevy. Lesson learned.

#61 ·
Everything is always gonna be cloned. Chevy gets cloned, ford gets cloned, dodge gets cloned, nissan gets cloned, toyota gets cloned, everything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.