DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T

56K views 255 replies 44 participants last post by  RIPPMODS 
#1 ·
I am in the process of converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T. So far I have the painted side mirrors and door handles. Also I just ordered spyder halo headlights. Next I need the 22" wheels and sport hood. If anyone has seen someone selling either of these please let me know. This week I will have my 2" rear lowering kit by ground force installed and I recently out the nav system in it. i will have pics soon. Has anyone else done this yet?

#98 ·
Of course you can make anything fast...were talking stock for stock. I have cars that will drill vettes also. I would like to know which STOCK sports cars my STOCK r/t is faster then? Let me tell you i would be really curious on this one. Like icywhite said..its a truck, its not fast. And if you payed anywhere over $30k..even over $28, for an r/t in this economy you got takin.

#99 ·
I had a Vette on my right side for a while early this morning going west on 380 (BFE) and I decided to give him a run at one of the red lights before we got to town. I hung it in his ass until a little red BMW left both of us like we were sitting still. At this time we was doing around 90-95+mph and still accelerating nose to nose and this little red sombisquit eater just blew the doors off both of us from out of no where. That was the faster car we are always on the lookout in my neck of the woods, this morning.
:LOL:
Now if i can get my hands on some rockets to strap to the back of this thing...

#102 ·
RAM R/T
Acceleration to mph
0-60 5.7
0-100 16.8
Curb weight 4779 lb
Quarter mile 14.4 sec @ 93.4 mph

2011 Camaro (v6)
0-60 6.1
0-100 14.9
Curb weight 3800 lb
Quarter mile 14.5 sec @ 98.2 mph

2011 Mustang (v6)
0-60 6.2
0-100 15.4
Curb weight 3513 lb
Quarter mile 14.5 sec @ 97.3 mph

Doesn't beat this one, but pretty close (even though the R/T is $20,000 cheaper and a good 1,000 lbs heavier)
2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Anniversary Edition
Base Price $51,415
Engine 3.7L/330-hp /270-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6
Transmission 7-speed automatic
Curb weight 3694 lb
0-60 mph 5.4 sec
Quarter mile 13.9 sec @ 101.3 mph

Bottom line, This thread is about a guy wanting to make his express look kinda like a R/T, but for you others that are hard up on comparing a R/T to $40-$120+ thousand dollar sports cars or bikes that weight less then a 1,000lbs and have 600cc- 1400cc. You can't compare something stock for stock due to they are in two totally different realms, here's some good comparisons. (look above) Guy's on here may want their trucks to be fast or at least faster then stock and enjoy seeing how fast they can make them. They may even enjoy the challenge of beefing them up enough to compete with other vehicles that they normally wouldn't be able to run with. It's all fun and games. But to cut this short, if you got a mouth to run about this or that, take it to a private message and stop hijacking this man's thread.....
Thank you
Jimmy

#103 ·
RAM R/T
Acceleration to mph
0-60 5.7
0-100 16.8
Curb weight 4779 lb
Quarter mile 14.4 sec @ 93.4 mph

2011 Camaro (v6)
0-60 6.1
0-100 14.9
Curb weight 3800 lb
Quarter mile 14.5 sec @ 98.2 mph

2011 Mustang (v6)
0-60 6.2
0-100 15.4
Curb weight 3513 lb
Quarter mile 14.5 sec @ 97.3 mph

Doesn't beat this one, but pretty close (even though the R/T is $20,000 cheaper and a good 1,000 lbs heavier)
2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Anniversary Edition
Base Price $51,415
Engine 3.7L/330-hp /270-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6
Transmission 7-speed automatic
Curb weight 3694 lb
0-60 mph 5.4 sec
Quarter mile 13.9 sec @ 101.3 mph

Bottom line, This thread is about a guy wanting to make his express look kinda like a R/T, but for you others that are hard up on comparing a R/T to $40-$120+ thousand dollar sports cars or bikes that weight less then a 1,000lbs and have 600cc- 1400cc. You can't compare something stock for stock due to they are in two totally different realms, here's some good comparisons. (look above) Guy's on here may want their trucks to be fast or at least faster then stock and enjoy seeing how fast they can make them. They may even enjoy the challenge of beefing them up enough to compete with other vehicles that they normally wouldn't be able to run with. It's all fun and games. But to cut this short, if you got a mouth to run about this or that, take it to a private message and stop hijacking this man's thread.....
Thank you
Jimmy
Yep, Agreed. I say let the dude do what he wants to his truck and give him pointers and cudos for it as well. Personally, I would like to see what he does to his truck myself. :cool:

#105 ·
Thank you for the comments! I got the spacers from ground force so that my truck can be level now and I will be installing them this weekend. Also my headlights will be here on Monday so I will start installing those as soon as I get them. My biggest purchase so far are the 22" R/T wheels, I'm hoping to have those soon. As far as next mods I'm looking to get some more power out of this truck. I have always like K&N intakes and magnaflow exhaust kits. I also want the American racing header kit with high flow cats and y pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is best on these trucks? Will headers void my warranty?

#106 · (Edited)
As far as the k&n wait till nov i can get them for like 150$ and i think headers will void your warranty not really sure if they even make them for the 4th gen but i have not looked because of the warrenty(the way shit has been breaking last few weeks ) im not losing that lol.As far as the exh i have a magnaflow on it it and it sounds beast Question do the headers your looking at delete any 02 sensor and as far as the high flow cats do they delete any either. We have 2 02 sensors on each side for a total of 4 02 sensors nice huh.But heres my take any performence mod you do if the truck breaks the dealer can give you a bunch of b/s about it you just have to be willing to take the chance.

#107 ·
http://www.americanracingheaders.com/09_&_Up_V8_Hemi_Ram.html

Ya these will def void your warranty they have no cats (y) (h) pipe is for off road use only had the (h) on my stang and if i was you id wait on headers and such till they relese a tuner that way you can get all the power they produce .And only see 2 02 holes on those pipes .

Oh my bad i see they have ones with cats but 1500$ holy shit ya id wait for a tuner

#108 ·
OK ..got it...a sports car is now considered something with a 6 cyl in it????? REALLY a 6 cylinder mustang ..you cant be serious????..I would hope that it is faster than a 6 cylinder. And my wifes 09 g35 drills my r/t. So i rest my case, it wont beat any real 8 cylinder sports cars. Like what was said, its just a truck that will always be slow.

#109 ·
Man, I would love to get those headers but at $1600bucks, they'll have to wait. If you end up getting them, you'll have to post up a sound clip of the truck with them...I wonder if you could remove your entire factory exhaust (setting it aside) and put a new complete aftermarket exhaust with ARH on the truck and if you ever had any major issues with the engine or power train, you could just reinstall the factory setup so not to void the warranty???

#110 ·
Dude you know how much work that would be lol and what if you broke down away from home likr 100 miles lol get it towed home for like 300 then swap out the exhaust lol no thank you ill wait on that stuff. And ya i think it will void your warranty /as soon as my is up the engine is coming out rebuilding it and ive got some killer ideas.

#115 · (Edited)
hey this is why most of us have a truck id like to see a sports car tow a 3000+lb trailer 300miles and get 12-13mpg while doing almost 80 the whole way this was my weekend lol

#117 ·
Well I spent a few hours today installing my new Spyder headlights and HID kit and I was all done and the driver side HID bulb died!!!! I'm not too happy because it took 3 weeks to finally get them. So I was driving around tonight with one HID and one regular bulb. I will be doing the fog lights tomorrow night. Also the headlights didn't come with any bulbs in the high beam location. Does anyone know what size bulb fits in there because my stock ones did not. Also I got the spacers installed to level out my ground force kit and it finally looks great. Pictures coming soon!!

#119 ·
Dude the high beam bulb should fit i used the same one on mine with n/p and as far as the hid bulb dieing did you touch it if not mess with wires sometimes you can plug those bad boys in backwards believe me ive learned my lesson on that one.But as far as the high beam bulb like i said my stock one plugged right into the new one.

#118 ·
tony, I like what your doing with the truck so far, very cool :)

icy white, I like your truck, but the dang license plate on the grill kills me lol, you must be in ohio or one of those weird states that requires the plate on the front?

#120 ·
snru yeah it is i had it in the windshield but after getting pulled over twice for that BS i zip tied it for the trip so i wouldnt get any stupid stops because cops in texas suck if they cant they cant find a reason to pull you over they use things like no front plate to pull you over. its back off now though

#122 ·
Yeah, these cops in Texas are on a serious tear right now over any little thing for some reason and that front license plate thing is a real sore spot with all of them. "We like to know who you are coming and going." is what they used to tell me every time I got pulled over for it. Corinth Texas is a real bad place to be caught without one, I think they pistol whip everyone in violation of this. :LOL:

#125 ·
Lol I've had no issues with running no front plate. Only issue I had was having my back license plate in the back window so I put it on but I have since put it back in the back window with no issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.