DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Info for the cummins guys/gals

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sprintertech 
#1 ·
Dodge announced today that they will be releasing the HO version of the 6.7 making 800lb-ft of competition killing torque......and the tow capacity will also go up to 22,700lbs......which easily eclipses the comp i think.....

#4 ·
Thanks for the information regarding the upcoming Cummins capablities.

You are right that 22k maximum towing, at this time, would be greater than anything GM or Ford offers in their 2011 3500 and F350, respectively. If memory serves me right, GM and Ford max out 5th wheel towing both at around 21k lbs. I believe Ram is now at about 17.5k lbs. I do not recall what each truck has for conventional towing. Nice to know in any event that Dodge sees the need to keep-up since trailers and campers, for example, are starting to weigh more than in previous years given medium duty trucks have higher capablities now.

#5 ·
all ratings for towing are standardized now.....the interesting thing is rams towing capacity all around went up without any changes......

and fords torque output is estimated.....

#6 ·
Now if they would just mate these Cummins beauties to an Allison 6 or 7 spd auto tranny. Oh baby. FTW!!! My tranny has always been the weakest link in my nearly perfect truck. I even went and looked at Chevy because of their trannies. But 15 minutes later me and my wife were like..."um....nokay". Sticking with Dodge, but a better tranny (have I mentioned that yet?)

#7 ·
well the good news for you is that trans concerns are almost non-existent for a couple years now and just for the record.......that allison in the chevy's is no match for the Aisin trans in the cab and chassis trucks......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.