DODGE RAM FORUM banner

help, help, help, Spacers?

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  ty-wa 
#1 ·
I have a rough country leveling kit on my 2012 ram 1500, 2.5 in the front and 1.75 in the rear; I found a set of Terras with 7000 miles on them, 325 60 R20's for 550 with a set of hummer wheels with them (which I would scrap/sell) is this a good deal? and if so
WHAT SIZE Spacers do I need to run if I get them, 1/4? 1inch centric? Hopefully 1/4 will work.
Too many different answers online.
Help please. Thanks.

#2 ·
That might fit without the spacer. They're basically 35.4 x 12.8. You might get away with it since they're Terras not Trails. I would go for it. If they rub, it will be light and you can pick up spacers at that point.

#4 ·
No problem. That's a sweet deal. I would do it for sure. So cheap. But let me amend my previous post (which I had already amended) back to what I first thought. Reading other threads, it seems ppl can run that size w aftermarket rims w a lower offset like -12 and have no rubbing. But on the stock rims, you will probably need a 1" adapter to clear. Spacers and adapters are safe to use when used properly. Especially adapters which use their own bolts to mount the wheel and your bolts to attach to the hub. Check out http://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html for the best quality adapters out there. Other than the cost of the adapters, the only other catch is that between the adapters and the tires, the outside wall of the tire will now be 2" further out than stock which means you can throw a lot of crap off the tires onto the bodywork if you drive on dirt roads. It will destroy your paint.

#10 ·
Just when you've got the wheels turned fully to one side or either side?

#12 ·
Next time, stop and take a look. I wonder if it's rubbing on plastic or the upper a-arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.