DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Custom Subwoofer Boxes Avail

10K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  StoneyWV 
#1 ·
Guys, just had to post this. I just found this on ebay, as it appears he was not showing up in my normal searches I had done in the past. I am getting my box custom made at local shop already, or I would have one on the way from this shop. They are willing to make it the way you want it for $300, that is pretty darn good price and service. I emailed the gent and he seems very interested in feedback and what people want in a box, and willing to build it the way you would want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1122

#7 ·
That's an awesome find! I've also emailed him. He responded in like 30 minutes. I may go this route. Seems like a great alternative to the pre-fab boxes on the market.

#9 ·
Sorry for taking so long... He had a link on the auction to a portion of his regular site. I went to that, then clicked his "Contact" link. It's a form-style email, but he responds quick. I believe it is: http://www.netaudiowf.com/contact

I'm still not sure I will go with his box, but I do think it's a nice product, and much better than the pre-fab MDF boxed available (on ebay).

#14 ·
Actually not even in the same class of boxes. 5/8 prefab nailed MDF compared to 3/4 drilled and screwed fiberglass bottom box with %40 more airspace

#17 ·
Guys, here is the link for those that seem to not be able to find it. I will post up some pics of what he has completed so far. More to follow when he is complete. Great guy to work with thus far. He has worked with everything that I have requested.

Paul Morgan
NET Audio
940 704 0506
http://www.netaudiowf.com

#18 ·
Fox Box!!

Guys, here is the link for those that seem to not be able to find it. I will post up some pics of what he has completed so far. More to follow when he is complete. Great guy to work with thus far. He has worked with everything that I have requested.
I have also corresponded with Paul and although he seems to have a good product, but he priced himself out of my business. I know he needs to make money in the end, so I won't gripe about his price, but he quoted me $300 shipped (as long as I gave him a plug on here.)

I found a better solution and ordered a box from Joe Fox at www.foxacoustics.com . It's a thick plastic formed box with a wooden top (also covered in plastic). My model is DQC-210-V and is built for 2 10's ported. It fits 2001-2010 Quad and Crew cabs. I received it today and this thing is built like a rock! Excellent quality box. Best thing was that I paid $200 Shipped to my door and it came with the needed 1/2" seat spacers. Joe has a good rep on some other forums I visited, and now i see why. I have done hours of research, and his box if by far the best bang for the buck when comparing build quality, air space, and price. I hope to have some subs and an amp in the next couple weeks. I will post my install after I do.

Here's the link to the box I bought. (and if you plan to contact him, it's best by phone.)
http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-210-V

#20 ·
Okay, yes Fox does make a good vacuum formed box, but this is not custom.

Contacted him about at 12inch sealed box. His response was that I should go with 10inch ported that he is currently making. Not willing to custom make any changed to his current production box.

After having seen both, i just don't feel that they vacuum formed plastics are in the same class as the fiberglass. Very good solutions for ported boxes that aren't seeing high pressures from 12 inch sealed applications.

If I was going ported I would have order the Fox without question.

#21 ·
a ported box is only truly worth while if they are built to match the subs, no matter the material they are made out of. either way, a fully 3/4" mdf and fiberglass box is going to be stronger anyway.
I thought the same thing, but after ordering one I'm glad I did. The plastic is not "soda bottle" grade. This is a heavy box and the plastic is at least 1/4" thick. I'm sure it will handle anything you can throw at any fiberglass box. And you are right about the porting if you are going for SQ, but as long as you match the ported volumes to your woofers, for most setups, that will be fine. I can't recall any box I've had being exactly to spec, but I can recall bouncing the wipers off the windshield with a couple setups. :)

#22 ·
Just got the box in tonight and all I have to say is "awesome". Nicely laid fiberglass at just the right thickness and the carpet was placed on very nicely. I had to sand the sub cutout for just a few minutes to smooth the edges and it fit like a glove. No slop here, which is perfect. Placed six of 8 screws with "T" nuts and cap head bolts. I would say she is pretty solid in there:)
Tomorrow will be the truck fit and anchoring in the bottom. I can't wait to hear it

#23 ·
Glad you like your box! Make sure to post pics. :smileup:

I got my amp and loaded my Fox Box with a couple subs today. Sounds amazing! I will get some pics up soon as possible.

#24 ·
Build Process Pics for my box.

Paul sent these pictures to me weekly to let me know the status of the box. Here are the ones he sent. His contact info is down off the site. Not sure what happened, but if you need it just contact me.

Attachments

#25 ·
Okay Guys and Gals,
Here is the box installed as of five minutes ago. I think if you could see this huge smile on my face it would say it all:smiley_thumbs_up:

The final price for this box was just over $200 shipped to me. I would challenge anyone who doesn't work with fiberglass to be able to buy the materials to build this box for less than $100. This is a nice build, and very good detail. He even took the time to affix a center support in the box just to stiffen it up that much more. Fiberglass was painted inside and out, and carpet matches great. The box is shallow enough that the grill just holds up the carpet on the aft portion of the woofer when the seat is down. Just exactly what I asked for.

Enjoy the pics

Attachments

#27 ·
I just emailed him for some pricing and options. Has anyone gone with the 12" sub box. I curious to know how it sounds. I have to Rockford fosgate 12"s im thinking of installing, but I keep hearing that 10" are a much better sound. Id hate to get rid of the subs I already have

#28 ·
Uh, yes; this one is a twelve. Why go with a ten when you can have a twelve in the same box?

#29 ·
StoneyWV: I meant 2 12's not just one, I seen yours and I like it. I already emailed Paul for info and pricing on box for 2 12's. Looks like good quality.

I priced out a few other local guys and they were either the same or slightly more expensive. They also were not sure about to much of the specs. Paul over at net audio seems to have experiance with are trucks and has answered every question Ive thrown at him. Its looking like I might be placing an order pretty soon...

#30 ·
Stoney WV, what RE sub did you use with that box, I really like that box and want to order the dual 12 box but I want to know what I can stuff in there. If you can let us know I would really appreciate it.

#31 ·
I asked about the 2 12" sub box and it has 1.25cuft per side. I think as long as you get a sub that doesnt require more than that you should be good. Try shooting him an email he's very helpful.

Im curious if anyone has had any problems with the sub slapping the bottom of the back seat. Has anyone had this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.