DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ball Joint Replacement Questions - 2wd 2500

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wpari798 
#1 ·
I am looking for advice on how to replace the ball joints on a 1999 2wd 2500 diesel. Looking through the factory service manual. It only describes how check the b-joints and how to R&R the control arms. There is nothing about how to replace the ball joints. I have found a lot of info applicabe to 4x4's but haven't seen anything how to replace the b-joints on the 2wd 2500. Any advice/instructions is appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
If your still trying to do this...Try YouTube. When I was replacing my b-joints I watched a guy replace the ball joints on a 99 Dodge Ram 1500. Im not certain but I dont think there is much difference from the 1500 or 2500. Look at your 2500's suspension then look at your example. Pull up manual pics from google. That help me. Basically need a heavy duty C-clamp to push the ball joint out (you can rent one from autozone), new ball joints, grease/gun for new joints and BFH to wack the crap out of the old ball joint if you cant get it to push out. Jack up your truck, take off the tire and you can remove the knuckle to make it easier for yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.