DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Penske to Ford?!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gfviperman 
#1 ·
(Not sure if this is the best place to post this auto industry seemed the most relevant sorry mods if wrong) http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120301/FREE/120309997
Next year penske to FORD?! as a huge Nascar and 2 and 22 fan to say I am saddened is an understatement it seems every time my beloved Chrysler take a step forward they take a step back I can just hear it from the local Ford boys now what do you guys think Robby Gordon is not enough to hold the Dodge nascar effort afloat by any means :4-dontknow:

on that not shamless plug if you wanna play fantasy Nascar lemee know I got a free league going and it wont matter that you missed the 500 its a league where you worst scoring week is dropped

#2 ·
Robby Gordon is a disgrace to nascar. I work for a shop that supplies toyota engines for all 3 series. But im a huge mopar guy. I dont think that gibbs will change over to dodge like ive been hearing. they just shut down their engine shop for the most part to get their engines from TRD. they only build a few engines for red horse racing. i dont think that will last very long either. I think petty would be the only option for dodge but they dont even have an engine shop anymore. they would have to start all over again. I really hope they can get someone to build dodges. I hope Penske can win a championship this year. Might be the last chance for a win for dodge.

#3 ·
Agreed on robby gordon and jgr although thatd be nice i think robby could be a decent driver if he got over himself and his attitude and would drive for someone i hope bk racing keeps fielding rams in the camping world ive read around the internet that keselowski grew up a big mopar guy so maybe but idk how true that rumor about him is. Sounds like a sick job should gimme a tour im going to nc to see the hof in a few weeks lol

#5 · (Edited)
ive read around the internet that keselowski grew up a big mopar guy so maybe but idk how true that rumor about him is.
Brad Keselowski's dad, Bob, was a USAC/ARCA/Grand National Driver from the 70s through the 90s with Mopar power. As I recall, I have an old Mopar Performance catalog from around 87-89 with Bob's car on the cover - he was pretty much the highest profile Mopar stock car driver after Petty left Mopar and before Ray Evernham revigorated the Dodge Cup effort in 2001. He also drove a Dodge in the original NASCAR Supertruck Series (now the Camping World Truck Series). Yeah...Brad grew up a big Mopar guy.

#8 ·
Im a huge NASCAR fan so I cant stop but next deciding on who to root for is gonna be rough unless Dodge picks up another decent team.....guesss Ill just be rooting for my fantasy picks:LOL:

#9 ·
This competly sucks on so many levels.. I always knew in my heart that whenDodge was down to one team we were in big trouble.. Then Kurt leaves and Penski is left with two rookies .. not knocking brad at ll he has shown he can win.. I doubt we will see Dodge/ Ram in NASCAR at all in 2013. Thank god for the NHRA. I will watch the big races next year but my time of watching every week is now gone.. NASCAR has put the screws to Dodge/ Plymouth my whole life.. Piss on NASCAR

#10 ·
a little premature to pass judgment?? its only 3 week in to the season still have a long way to go and a lot can happen between now and Nov. and not to mention Dodge unvaling the NASCAR Charger for the 13' season

how has NASCAR put the screws to DODGE?
banning the 426 HEMI??
if they did not ban this engine competition would have sucked and Nascar would not have lasted long...

Downsizing to one factory backed team......well dodge did that to themselves ask Evernham and Petty dodge could not pay the bills...... of course teams are going to leave.

bottom line there is still plenty of time......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.