DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ho do you remove door panels?

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Hey all. I got my rear door panel off, but the "backing plate" plastic piece is stuck on. I took all the perimeter bolts off, but the window and regulator are attached to the backside of the plastic. I rolled the window down and it gave it some wiggle room, but I couldn't figure out how to get this thing apart. Anybody know how to take it all out? I need to access the door lock motor.

#2 · (Edited)
Where the door handle is (inside, in the indentation behind the handle), there is a screw or 2 in there...undo that and it should come right off...

lemmie see if I can find a pic.

EDIT: here ya go, this is a front door, but same thing goes for the rears.

Attachments

#4 ·
OH :) its held on with plastic tabs if memory serves. When I got my truck tinted I had to take the doors apart myself. Tint guy (not Sunray in DFW) wanted no part in removing the door panels on a 2 week old 35k+ truck.

#6 ·
I had to remove the panels because a good tint shop will tint the glass all the way PAST the point where the glass contacts the door panel. This eliminates peeling from the bottom as the door panel isnt always rubbing the edge of the tint.:smileup: The only way to do that is to remove the panel, at least partially. I went ahead and removed them all the way.

#8 ·
I'd like to know this as well! I never did figure out how to get the damn thing out. It was a real PIA trying to get broken glass out of the bottom of the door.

#9 ·
I got the front ones iff, I cannot remember for the life of me how I did it though. o_O It was 2 years+ ago...

#14 ·
^Thank you! Exactly what I needed. I'll give it another shot this weekend and see how it goes. I'm driving from Orlando to TN and then to Arkansas and back in less than a month and would love to have my door lock working by then...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.