DODGE RAM FORUM banner

can anyone beat my mpg?

5K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yeah I've had mine hit 99.9 before as well lol. Honest real life avg best I've gotten though was about 23-24mpg all highway over like 200 miles. Surely 27mpg avg can't be a real life avg? If so then congrats lol.

#5 ·
lol Stang is yours broke?

Fred, dam man thats awesome and your motor is all built right and no MDS?

G
#7 ·
Remember, EVIC MPG measurements are adaptive and change with length of time cruising at a steady speed, ambient conditions, etc...that's why some can get theirs to show 99.9

Really, it may make you feel good but let's get real. Do the math to determine your actual mileage. Gallons consumed / Miles driven

#8 ·
yea i know Michael lol but when i manually calculate it, just normal driving to school work and home, its usually .5 + or - off.... but im sure at steady speeds like you said then its way off lol

#9 ·
that truck hasnt been filled up from a pump that tells me how much fuel I put in an almost a year and a half let alone twice in a row lol
I do know that the gallons to empty when the truck is full is pretty darn close, of course it changes as you drive. It was way off before the injectors were replaced last winter though

#10 ·
Yea usually my drive till E is accurate

#11 ·
yea i think alot of mine is due to how I modded mine..as the performance increased, so did my mileage because the engine runs more efficiently (my year doesn't have mds)... since i have 4.56 gears, my city mileage is much better overal than when I had 3.92's..

#13 ·
Why drive so light? For better mpg? An why only half a tank at a time?

#16 ·
that makes sense but its like carrying a passenger around i guess lol, i still fill up at E lmao

#18 ·
A while back I drove up to Wilson Reservoir in Kansas from Hutchinson, which was a north-westerly route of about 100 miles. The wind was ferocious from the south, constant at 20-30 mph, with gusts up to 50mpg.

I filled up my truck before I started and reset the EVIC. When I reached Wilson Lake after the 100 mile drive my EVIC showed a 27.5 mpg average. I should have take a pic, and didn't even think about doing it. You can believe it or not, but it's the truth.

But on the way back, fighting the wind, my at-the-moment indicator (the little bar that tells you what you're getting in real time) hovered around 8-12 mpg. The total trip averaged around 17mpg.

Wind, terrain, driving style, and even things like humidity and elevation (I think) affect MPGs. Heck, I wonder sometimes if phase of the moon and sunspots affect our mileage to.

This truck is nothing like the Cummins I had before. With the emissions system, mpg's would drop whenever it went into a regen cycle, and that was frustrating. That was something totally out of my control.

Bill

#19 ·
nice pic kewlguy, and Bill lol i betcha the moon and sun does!

#21 ·
lol dam thats so true! lol :rep:

#22 ·
there are so many gas stations (an 2 costco's) between home and work that I don't need to fill it to the brim... and i do believe weight is huge when it comes to mileage... I even took out my console to save weight..and replaced it with something a little lighter..

#24 ·
lmao Fred!!! hahahahaha thats bad a! :rep:

and thats nice Gene!

#25 ·

#27 ·
Lol

And then we all wake up and see the reality.

Down hill, in neutral, no additional weight, strong tailwind, no up and downs, no traffic, no stop lights or signs, no police, hmm what else would help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.