DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Thinking about losing the Flares.

7K views 87 replies 18 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
Been thinking about ditching the fender flares. I feel like they over power the look of the tire and wheel :unknw: My tires shrank when I put the flares on:doh:

I paid about 250 for them and about $305 to have them painted. I'm thinking $400 or $500 is a fair price to ask for them.

What do you guys think?
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
where the heck did u get flares for $250? maybe it's the style I was lookin at but those things aren't cheap!

Uhm...I like them on your truck, but yes the tires/wheels looked way bigger without them. Your paint will hate you if you take them off, so that's up to you and how much your care about/take care of your paint. I gave up on mine, fine scratches ALL over behind the rear tire. And tire shine? forget it, all over my mirrors and side of my truck as soon as I drive off.

#5 ·
that's still not bad at all.
I say leave them on. Your truck still looks beefy as hell and really good.

#15 ·
ooo I like where this is goin :smileup:

#17 ·
Not sure how to go about it tho. I just want a good deep rumble.
hmmm. here is what i've gathered.

Flowmaster: loud pretty much all the time, i have the 40 series, love it. Easier to get a feel for by watching youtube videos.

Magnaflow: fairly quiet at idle, when you gas it, nice tone to it, sounds good. the thing is...you just have to hear it in person..it's so hard to understand that it SOUNDS good...but isn't loud. I heard a fellow members 18"? I think... and it sounded good.

There are other brands:

Gibson, corsa, SOLO.

You can either change just the muffler..stick with the stock piping. or get a full catback kit (which is pricier obviously).

I did a single in, dual out flowmaster 40 muffler, with custom dual piping. here is a vid and some pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDmxwGOmMs

#26 ·
Keep the flares!..

I have those exact flares. they look awesome!

Just save your pennys and work on making the truck a bit higher/tires to fit the broad shouldered look.

I am just sitting on 33's right now. It is a shame but 2 more inches higher and 35's and it'll look perfect... imo.

#29 ·
Welcome to the addiction club. I don't know how people can drive cars.. They just seem so useless.. What do you do when You need to move stuff, or gotta pick up a pile of dirt, rocks or such?

If I go out tonight and find a good empty road. I will get my bud to film for me and I will post it to here for you.

#44 ·
Two tone??:confused:

I have the flowmaster 40 on my 4th gen, and i absolutely love it. went to my local shop and just did a muffler swap (single in to dual out to factory tips) along with a resonator delete. it's a nice, deep idle, yet nothing too over the top, but when you pass someone, they know you're passing them.lol Here's the video that was my main deciding factor : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8rTykfXnw . hope it helps!
Thanks man. This will be my next mod!!!:smileup:

#57 ·
yeah good choice! i like it

#61 ·
did you sell the flares ...still want to...I also did not read all the post ...it looks like your truck is level ? Bilsteins? ...PM if you are selling...great looking ride !!

#63 ·
that be cool would like to know what it measures ...I have dealer installed "level"kit but with 2" rake...40.5...rear 38.5 front on 34" nittos give'er take

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.