DODGE RAM FORUM banner

wrecked truck

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  cobra989 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My son just wrecked is 2003 truck, of course he has no collision insurance. So it’s going to be father & son bonding time to repair it. What I would like to know is what year models will be compatible to completely replace the whole front end of the truck, bumper, hood, fenders, grill ect…
Thanks

G
#6 ·
No problem.

I always get this mixed up but the 2003's the ones with the scalloped bumper cover and headlights. And that style was also used on the 2004's and 2005's. Other than that, everything else is identical.

#9 ·
many times the 2500 & 3500 are a year behind the 1500 series
so you might check the 2004 Ram & up in those heavy duty series

#12 ·
Roger that Seattle Pete, They are trailering the truck in tonight. will inspect tomorrow. My understanding is he hit a retaining wall head on. it did not deploy the air bag but busted up the radiator. My plan is to tear it down and check for motor damage first [5.7L Hemi]. make sure the motor did not over heat, he said he drove it about 2 blocks to were he was staying, so I'm crossing my fingers on that. If that checks out ok will start ordering parts. Do ya'll know a good [cheep] online parts store?

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about your sons truck, and from the sounds of it, glad he is ok too! I almost always use rockauto.com for stuff for my truck, as far as the body stuff they have a good portion of it but it may be worth while to check out a local junk yard because shipping that stuff would be a pain in the butt... I have some headlights that came off of my 03 1500 that are fogged up that if you want them shoot me a PM and we can talk price, try and save you some money on this project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.