DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It never ends... No power at all

13K views 105 replies 19 participants last post by  Simple guy 
#1 ·
Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea

#56 ·
yes there is. click the hyperlink that says "here is the video"

#61 · (Edited)
Yeah I was it. I was just trying to confuse him. How else would I have known about the (ratchet) wrench in the video :LOL:

You know I'm quicker than that :)

Yeah, BTW...why didn't you swap relays when Asur wasn't looking??? " I dunno maybe it's contagious "

Two more days...two more days...48 hours 48 hours...2880 minutes 2880 minutes...69,120 seconds 69,120 seconds...

#58 ·
Again I am going to say it is the relays. I want to say that clicking is the relays not doing what they are supposed to be doing.

That clicking sounds exactly like a relay going crazy or whatever is feeding the relay isn't acting just right. I know it is killing you, it would be killing me too, but you need to wait and get those replacements in and see what happens.

Just hang in there.

#59 ·
do u have a friend with the same truck and can swap relays just to ease your mind to know that's the issue?

#60 ·
Guys I'm sorry I am going haywire without my truck. I will attempt to contain myself ... LMAO @ my truck in a huge bag of rice. I may have peed a little

#72 ·
:kngt: I have nothing of value to add to this thread, but...

Are there any pics or videos of the cause of this headache? Maybe I missed it... :4-dontknow:

#79 ·
On the 2010 I'm pretty sure the TIPM Is the box right next to the Power Distribution box...I sent you a picture.

Also I'd really consider the APP sensor as you said it got wet and the vehicle is drive by wire.

In any event, It's probably going to be less expensive to have a "tech" scan it and do the trial and error.

#81 · (Edited)
I dad a feeling it might be, but I get stupid without coffee sometimes. If you check back I think I had it right once as the FCM (BCM) that I was referring to and then bumped my head.

I really think the Forward Control Module is the problem but got sidetracked along the line somewhere...is there a gun to head emoticon?

(Freakin guy buys a relay and owns a set of screwdrivers and now he knows everything)

:LOL:

#84 ·
I feel bad I wasn't able to help. Disappointed it isn't the relays. I honestly hope it is something simple and I do still think it is. I won't be surprised if the mechanic says it needs a new computer. Honestly that would be my last guess.

I guess it's time to see what route they will take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.