DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Prodigy Brake controller vs. Stock Ram controller

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  EVS1 
#1 ·
I have a Prodigy P2 brake controller in my truck now, however it is just laying on my console. I wanted to put the Dodge controller in that fits in the dash. I think I have seen bad reviews on the stock Dodge controller. Is it as good as the Prodigy or should I stick with what I have and mount it to the dash?

#2 ·
There is nothing wrong with the stock brake controller that i have heard about

even the best after market controllers seem to stick out of the dash too far & are knee bangers

maybe if you are into cutting, trimming, & making brackets, you can make the after market one fit flush

#3 ·
My factory brake controller works just fine. I've owned an RV of some sort for the last 20 yrs. and have had the need of a brake controller. This factory in-dash controller works every bit as good as any after market controller I've had. The in-dash and out-of-the-way location is just icing on the cake!

#4 ·
I used the Prodigy before getting my RAM and the factory RAM controller is Absolutely better! ... Mind you, I really liked the prodigy so I'm not saying it's not good

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Now I have to spend money on something else.
I would do the same - spend your money on some other goodies for your truck and keep the Prodigy. I had the Prodigy in my last Dodge Truck and never had any problems with it. My 2011 RAM has the built in factory controller and as all the others have said I also have had no issues with it.:smileup:

#9 ·
If I already owned the Prodigy, I think I'd just keep it. It works well

But- the factory unit is integrated to the ABS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.