DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It never ends... No power at all

13K views 105 replies 19 participants last post by  Simple guy 
#1 ·
Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea

#2 ·
It would appear this morning after waking up to go work on the truck its completely freaking useless. No power at all. I had to take the actual key out to unlock it. Got in and out of curiosity put the regular key in the ignition and twisted, NOTHING HAPPENED. Windows, nothing! Locks, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn it, this is turning into a night mare. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Well that sucks, now as for why, hmmm, could be a ton of stuff, or something as simple as a corroded ground wire. You will have to start from the battery, check it, and then work your way through the system till you find whats not clicking. Best of luck.

#4 ·
When you emptied your tranny was it nice and red fluids or was it white / pink, if it was all red you should be good to change the filter and add back some fluids, if it was not, then you will need to flush out everything, even the torque converter. Best is get someone who as done this before, I never did it and you might need to bring it in to have that done.

#8 ·
Doh! The power distribution box is on the left front, right?

That's the part of the truck that went the deepest.

I'd look there and start pulling and shaking the relays (listen for water). Make sure there's no water causing connections from sitting under the relays. Maybe unbolt it and dry it real good.

#9 ·
I did negative on bad battery grounded, positive to postive bad battery, and positive positive negative negative good battery, turned the mustang on, waited.... the truck was blinking, and then it just stopped. tried to turn it on, nothing.

#11 ·
I did notice there was some water leaking out from behind the battery near the top of the engine bay towards the very back near the window.... I think its water... IT smelled odorless. I'd try to move the truck but it wont even shift to neutral, it literally does nothing

#13 ·
thanks warlock, i love you man, not gay... brotherly love LOL... look at this.... filled with water. Do all these little fuses need replaced or just dried? they're pretty soaked.

#15 · (Edited)
If you have a test light you can test 'em by grounding the light, and test the little metal prong on the top of the fuse. if both sides don't make it light then it's a blown fuse.

I'd dry them out take a picture of their placement first, and steal the girl's hair dryer. (duh, you posted a picture...drool)

No problem..Ya big thilly :super:

The black relays SHOULD be sealed but ya never know. The mini fuses are probably okay. The pinkish/yellow ones have a clear top that you should be able to see the lead connector. Visually inspect them for a break through the clear top.

I'd mainly be worried about water inside of it.

The grey plastic locking clip on the left of the photo (wire harness) might have to be released to remove the box and get all the water out. If you look at it you'll see the "C: groove in the catch and slide the clip that way to release it.

Just because we're the class clown doesn't mean we weren't listening :LOL:

Oh yeah...that yellow gizmo is the fuse puller. One side for the mini fuses, the other for the 20/30 amp pink/yellow.

Read the diagram on the inside cover and see if there's a main. The turn signal could be water in the box, but check which fuse/relay controls it.

I'm going to open chat in the background in case you need anything else.

#25 · (Edited)
The relays?

You can pop the covers off and see if there's water in 'em either that or drill two small holes and shake 'em.

They have contacts in them and if they have water in 'em it'll make a false link. You can't hurt em by opening the cover if they're bad. Actually the covers are to keep moisture out.

Momma never told Dodge that it's be taking Scuba lessons.

I'd take a hack saw and cut the tops off. Careful not to go too deep. or three sides so it can be folded back over.

#27 ·
my god, I went out there just a few mins ago and the dash lights were on out of no where, kinda flickering. it showed the truck in "R" reverse not sure why, i mighta left it like that that night because i was working on the transmission and kept in neutral, so how is it in "R"? i think arth did it on accident? .... anyway just out of no where the lights were on. Why? What does this have to do with the problem? It wasnt happening before, maybe its what happened last night though? I disconnected the neg battery terminal for now... gonna have to work on it later, its late. i'm gonna try to cut those fuses open tomorrow and dry em....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.