DODGE RAM FORUM banner

It never ends... No power at all

13K views 105 replies 19 participants last post by  Simple guy 
#1 ·
Oil change? Check Trans fluid? Check ...

Now it says service 4wd After my adventure of submerging my truck. What should I do to self remedy this? I mean i am at the point where I am afraid to drive the damn thing after the trans fluid change. (which came out milky white and red)... At first I thought the transmission pan was over heating I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed a ton of trans fluid on the exhaust pipe just under it which had come out when i dropped the pan originally. but still unsure. I cleaned it up. Should I clean the front differential before I drive it? Or the coolant? I am about ready to just jump in it and give it a go, but I know its probably a bad idea

#29 · (Edited)
The new haunted version of the truck sounds like the FCM/BCM/TIPM. It should be located right next to the Pwr Dist. box that you pulled out and dried.

While you're waiting I'd pull them out and get 'em under some heat to dry them out too.

The control ALL of the electronics in the truck, and that's what it sounds to me like you're having problems with.

First not enough power, now too much. That's how the battery went dead probably the first time and why I was saying it was probably better than the alternative.

#39 · (Edited)
Ghost truck, Serious power issues.

Hi gents. As you know I water logged my truck, and let me pre-apologize for making post after post. As you know I keep finding different problems. :doh: So where I left off: I got the fluids changed (besides the front diff) but my main concern now is the electrical. The truck wont start but it DOES crank. Sometimes the electric (such as the dash board) RANDOMLY light up, which is also why my battery died overnight. I think it has something to do with the relays. Arth from the Z came down and plugged his tuner into my truck. We got the codes PO685 and PO688. NOW: One of the key things I noticed is when I switch the relays (which are interchangeable)... 2 different things happens....

WO1 is the "ASD #1,2,3 RELAY"
WO2 is the "STARTER SOLENOID RELAY"
(these are the two things circled-- read below the picture)

Here is a picture of them, circles in black on the top left.

I am assuming it's not possible to start the truck unless both of these work? As I was saying when I switch them there is power, and the truck will crank but wont start, but THEN... When i switch them again the truck has NO POWER and wont crank. What do yall think? :box:

Thanks in advance... I miss my truck :(

#40 ·
2010 Ram half submerged...

MODS PLEASE LEAVE THIS BE: :)

Hi gents. As you know I water logged my truck, and let me pre-apologize for making post after post. As you know I keep finding different problems. :doh: So where I left off: I got the fluids changed (besides the front diff) but my main concern now is the electrical. The truck wont start but it DOES crank. Sometimes the electric (such as the dash board) RANDOMLY light up, which is also why my battery died overnight. I think it has something to do with the relays. Arth from the Z came down and plugged his tuner into my truck. We got the codes PO685 and PO688. NOW: One of the key things I noticed is when I switch the relays (which are interchangeable)... 2 different things happens....

WO1 is the "ASD #1,2,3 RELAY"
WO2 is the "STARTER SOLENOID RELAY"
(these are the two things circled-- read below the picture)

Here is a picture of them, circles in black on the top left.

I am assuming it's not possible to start the truck unless both of these work? As I was saying when I switch them there is power, and the truck will crank but wont start, but THEN... When i switch them again the truck has NO POWER and wont crank. What do yall think? :box:

Thanks in advance... I miss my truck :(

#41 ·
astartes, i missed all your threads on this. this is not an uncommon event with jeepers. if you havent already, put your truck in a garage and run some good size dehumidifiers,. set one inside the cab. if you are still having problems after truck has completely dried, you have to check all connections and make sure they dry and rust free.

#42 ·
P0685:

Could be any of the following:
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) power relay
- ECM power relay harness is open or shorted
- ECM power relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty (ECM)

P0688:

Could be any of the following:
- Weak battery- Low voltage while cranking
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) relay
- Blown ECM fuse
- Faulty ECM
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection

Also just happened to see this:

http://www.**************/forums/f25/p0685-p0688-asd-relay-control-circuit-460881/

Didn't read it but might help, same codes as you.

#43 ·
jeez man, I really hope replacing the relays will help. I ordered two of them. they were 11 bucks (like i said) anyhow if they dont work im gonna be at a complete loss and have to take it in to a "certified" mechanic or take it to insurance...

#45 ·
Tom...it pretty much tells me that one of the relays is bad because the problem follows it.

When it was in one position it threw one code. When it was in the other position, it threw a different code. I'd think that's why there were two codes.

How long now before you get the new ones...and did you have an autoparts store cross reference it by taking it in there?

Oh, probably one in a junk yard for a dollar.

Just a thought.

#47 · (Edited)
3 more days of agonizing waiting pain...

I tried starting her today and noticed this.... heres a video of it. No its not the truck turning on. it's simply in the 'on' position right before ignition. I notice this clicking noise coming from the fuse box.

here is the video

#48 ·
dang you have like 2 or 3 of these discussions going.

#52 ·
Man I wish you had of kept all this in one place rather than different threads.

Much easier to follow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.