DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-07-2015, 11:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 5500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 325hp 750lb/ft (Chassis Cab)
Rep:15
deminimis is on a distinguished road

Regarding the V2, from the powers that be: ...[I]t's as simple as unplugging the black module box from the harness. Or, more completely, unplugging the LockPick harness in-line and reconnecting the factory connections. Everything goes right back to factory.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough
Default BRONZE KEY review

I bought my truck with 8600 miles on it -- I had trouble getting the system reset to my name ... but finally got everything working as I learned what is what.

the APPS are set to you and your truck , you must register and then pick the package you want in the uconnect store. I only want the 3rd option which is the VIA MOBILE 5 year trial.. for pandora radio

I want the Pandora and slacker to always work , I want all the talk and text stuff and I want the SRT performance stuff .

I had to reset my system a few times -- to reset the system you just hold the cold and hot buttons in at the same time til the screen goes into set up mode and then you select reset radio . -- and after that I updated to 14.25 .

update is very easy -- go to the dodge site put your VIN# in , download to a usb stick .

you can check update here -- https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

you get in the truck , shut the door , and wait for everything to shut off -- open the center console lid and that is where the USB stick goes -- the usb plug is lit up , wait for that light to go out -- thats when the whole system is shut down, not when the dash lights shut off .
Put the USB stick in and turn the key to on -- not motor running -- which doesnt hurt anything if you do run the motor on -- and wait for the radio screen instructions -- very easy .

I bought the BRONZE key , which to me , I found out is worthless !! $108 and it did not change anything that I will ever use ... YES I READ WHAT THE BROZE key does -- I just mi read where it stated the SRT performance package does not work for the US systems --- I only bought it for that reason only ..

so basically I paid $108 to learn how the system works and how to use the USB port ... LOL !!

Personnally I do not understand why someone would want all those extra cameras.. reverse camera makes sense and I love mine.

you will need the uconnect app on your phone so you can use you data for the APPS -- pandora ,slacker , internet stuff.
http://www.driveuconnect.com/

I also like -- https://www.moparownerconnect.com/Pages/global.aspx

I must have loaded the jailbreak and then reset the system atleast 5 times ,, everytime praying that I did not ruin the system. the last 2 times I tried to jailbreak the system , I lost the radio ( no AM/FM or XM) -- just did factory reset when ever things were messed up and was good to go . and after the all the times I factory reset , it still kept the new update 14.25

the last time I factory reset it did not fix the no radio issue -- so I had to put the 14.25 update back onto a formatted USB stick -- put that in , started all over -- and was good to go . but I was determined to get the jailbreak to go in -- which I did finally -- but then only did I fugure out that the BRONZE key did nothing that I wanted--

I thing the BRONZE only unlocks the playing with navigation while in motion .. I have not seen or figured anything else out that it might do ..

getting the download from customtronics was great -- emailed back and forth a few times -- they seem like really great guys --

You will need the RAR unzip program and a USB stick .

I could not get anything to work with my macbook , but worked great with my windows laptop..

I HAVE TO SAY -- IF YOU NEED MORE CAMERAS AND WANT TO WATCH TV OR VIDEOS ON THE MAIN SCREEN -- THEN THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOU .

I would like to request a RCA OUTPUTS for adding an amplifier for bass box.
and figure out how to get the SRT performance package to work ..
and last , have all the voice feature for texting and whatever else unlocked.

from what I have seen of these guys and there youtube videos -- I know they can get these things unlocked .. they say that they know the system inside and out -- so its only time they need to add and tweak the jailbreaker.

Last edited by dwanton; 01-10-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:34 PM

I finally reset my system back to stock and called uconnect.

they had to call the precious owner to get permission to remove him from the radio as the owner... go figure -- still registered to the original owner.

so now everything is in my name -- pandora and salcker work all the time now ..

wasted my money for the bronze key , that does absolutley nothing that helps me.

the guys said they could add RCA jacks for adding a bass amp - but is it worth another $150 bucks to get there wiring harness.. which will also come with a camera , that I guess I would add to the top of my bed cap by the rear third brake light.

I already have everything to add the bass box . just wonder if it would sound better from the RCA jacks rather than tapping into the rear door speakers?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:26 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: RCDRW
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
cptwing is on a distinguished road

Did you have the via mobile apps on the radio before uconnect changed it over to your name? I got mine from a boneyard and installed it I cannot even see the apps, (Iheart slacker etc). Did the reset bring them back into the radio, mine are not their?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwing View Post
Did you have the via mobile apps on the radio before uconnect changed it over to your name? I got mine from a boneyard and installed it I cannot even see the apps, (Iheart slacker etc). Did the reset bring them back into the radio, mine are not their?
yes i did but it would not stay active for more than 24 hrs -- it kept saying to call uconnect and reapply subscription.

no i could not see the apps at first -- when i reset the radio they came up -- but would not stay .

i had to call the number on the screen after i hit the ACCESS button up on the mirror.

that lady had to call the previous owner of the radio and make sure he gives permission to remove his name off the unit. after that -- 5 minutes and I had everything -- and the next morning and til this day everything works great.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:13 PM

Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 325hp 750lb/ft (Chassis Cab)

Maybe someone on here can answer this question. Received my Customtronix harness today. The harness only has provisions for a cargo cam (or entertainment system) and front cam. Nothing for the rear cam. I don't have a factory rear cam (don't ask). Are there two different harnesses for the Customtronix system (one for those with and one for those without factory rear cams)? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
jdot313 is on a distinguished road

very interested in this product... i am a 2015 owner.. Anyone have experience using this in a 15? Also, any ability to run RCA's to an aftermarket amp?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 PM

So, yes. Two different harnesses (one for those with the factory cam and one for those without).

For those that installed the front cam, what source did you use for power since the Customtronix harness does not have power leads? Seems that having the front cam powered (vehicle on switched) would cause the cam to fail prematurely (having power to it 100% of the time when vehicle is on). Thanks.