DODGE RAM FORUM banner

R/T stripes for the Ram

6K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
I have just traded my 2005 Dodge 1500 Daytona truck for a 2012 Express truck. It has the southern package that comes with the R/T hood. It has way to much silver and needs some flat black to tone it down. I have been looking for a stripe package that would look somthing like the old Challenger R/t stripes but cannot find any. The lines on this truck make it very hard to get a nice looking stripe on it. This is my interpretation of a R/T stripe on my truck. This only an outline in fineline tape and will be flat black if I can get my sign guy to make it. If not I will paint it on.
I could not get it to flow onto the bed and look right but some of the older R/T stripes stopped short also. What do you think?
If you know of someone that makes one please let me know.
I know you like pics so here you go.
My old 2005 Daytona

My new 2012 Express

R/Tstripes laidout
cannot really see it well but you can get the feel of it.

rear view

front view

See less See more
#7 ·
Don't know yet

Hey Ugly the hood came as part of the southern package that gives you the hood, step bars and chrome clad wheels.
As far as the side stripe, the truck needs something to breakup the silver. Since it has the R/T hood and I have wanted a R//T car for a long time this is as close as I am going to get. I wanted to make it into something different from the plain R/Ts.
I have also always wanted a T/A Challenger so I bought a plain Jane 2010 and made it into a T/A. I thought that a R/T truck would be cool to go with it.
Could not swing a real R/T so I thought that I would build one.
Need more comments on the stripe before I make up my mind.Any suggestions are welcome.
The wifes Challenger

#8 ·
Nice truck, but don't like the baby blue stripe myself, would rather go with a flat black stripe like you have on the Challenger, ya, it might not make it unique but still rather that than the blue stripe, just My opinion, you did ask for others opinion

#9 ·
misunderstanding

Ok guys I think some are misunderstanding that the blue tape is just fineline layout tape. This is just to get an ideal of the flow on the truck. The actual stripe will be a flat black stripe the shape of the blue tape. IT will be a lot like the stripe on the Challenger but shaped to fit the truck. This is just the first stage of design. Then I will take the truck to a sign maker and have him cut the stripe out of vynl. So it will be falt black like the Challenger.

#12 ·
Ok guys I think some are misunderstanding that the blue tape is just fineline layout tape. This is just to get an ideal of the flow on the truck. The actual stripe will be a flat black stripe the shape of the blue tape. IT will be a lot like the stripe on the Challenger but shaped to fit the truck. This is just the first stage of design. Then I will take the truck to a sign maker and have him cut the stripe out of vynl. So it will be falt black like the Challenger.

lmfao, I should of figured that, must be the 12 beer I had and the vapors from the anti-rust stuff i was spraying in the door panels of the truck. If it will be as you say flat black and then your gonna remove the baby bleu tape, then go for it, will look sweet

#19 ·
Looks good

Well I went by the sign shop and talked the guy about doing the stripe. He said it would cost around $400 for the first and $200 after that. That sounds high to me so I might have to paint it on. I already have the paint and other material to do the paint left over from my wifes Challenger and I can do the painting. I think I will play with the design some first. I will keep this post updated as I go.
That is a nice looking truck Buell and the stripe looks great on your truck.
I am heading to Bowling Green for the Hot Rod Reunion tonight so it will be Sunday before I can play with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.