DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any Differance w/ the 10' vs. 11' Rams?

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  09 RT RAM 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all,

I am doing some homework, and was wondering if there is any differance in the 10' vs. the 11' model trucks?

I have another quistion for Y'all, what is the differance between the Ram 1500 5.7L vs. the R/T model?

Any help would be much appreciated.

THANKS

SON

#4 ·
the R/T (at least for the '09 and '10 model years) is only available in regular cab, and only available in 2wd. I believe it comes with the HEMI and a 4.10 rear end. I think it also has the MOPAR sport performance hood.

The 1500 5.7L HEMI comes in all three body styles, and it also comes in either 4wd or 2wd. The 1500 Sport is very similar to the R/T. It's available with the sport performance hood (for a price), has the body color bumpers, available with lots of bells and whistles.

I've got the '10 Sport Crew Cab. I added the R/T badges to mine, and have been calling it an R/T clone.

hope this helps

Exco

#5 ·
Is there a performance difference between the regular 1500 5.7 Hemi compared to the R/T model?? or is the R/T just a bunch of badging? with the 4.10's in the rear end?

#6 ·
I forget what the exact numbers are, but there is quite a difference in performance numbers between 1500 equipped Ram and the R/T model. The Hemi 1500 runs a shade under 7 sec. 0-60 while the R/T does 0-60 in the mid 5's! I think I remember seeing 5.7 sec for the R/T! In my neck of the woods they would say that is wicked fact!

#7 · (Edited)
R/T trucks have...
Sport Hood (standard)
Dual Exhaust (standard)
2wd (no 4wd QC or CC cab avail)
4.10 rearend gears (those are some fun gears...!!!)
Higher stall torque converter (thats whats makin them quicker out of the hole)
R/T badging, and some extra interior goodies that say R/T

Other than that, the R/T trucks are pretty much the same truck compared to the SPORT trucks

#9 ·
yea basically a torque converter and gears... However when I had the ram i had diablo tuner, intake and exhaust with 3.21 gears and i was dead even with a camaro RS vs(0-60 in 5.7) and I started to pull after 60. A tune and intake along with exhaust does wonders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.