DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RES radio / no Uconnect buttons Info

15K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  joostan 
#1 ·
If you have a 2011-2012 vehicle with the RES radio that has no Uconnect buttons, there is now a MOPAR kit available. They have had it for a few weeks now.

PN's:
Low Speed CAN BUS vehicles -- 82213219
High Speed CAN BUS vehicles -- 82213221

The kits consists of:
the module, wire harness, external mic, a small UCI touch pad that has the Uconnect buttons and instruction disc. (approximate cost $349)
After the installation of the kit, you'll need to have the vehicle flashed to code "RSP". The kit is an easy installation and flashing needs to be done by the dealer. They'll try to charge you for an hr labor, it takes less than 1/2 hr so tell them that you're willing to pay $50.
You will also want to purchase the iPod / USB cable (about $35) PN 82212160, this will be needed for any Uconnect SW updates as well as iPod/ USB media playing.

#2 ·
I wondered if they were going to do something like that, because of all the States with the Hands Free Laws

Thanks for the information

#5 ·
Bumping this thread up. I have seen people ask about adding Uconnect to the RES W/O buttons.
Also, I thought that I edited the years that this applies to. I found that it'll work from 2010 - 2012 (most likely 2013's also when they become available)

#9 ·
whats the highest MPH on the speedo?
Sorry, just kidding. The CAN BUS speed is dependant on which vehicle model that you drive. Some of the vehicles have Low Speed CAN & some have High Speed CAN. Seeing how you're on this forum, you must have a "Ram", they have High Speed CAN BUS networks.

#13 ·
you will have a fully integrated hands free system which will give you hands free calling & answering of calls, streaming audio, USB connector for iPod / iPhone docking cable or other USB devices that contain media which will let you control the device thru the radio controls etc.

#17 ·
The kit that you'll need if you have the buttons is the PN 82212159 and you'll also want the optional USB / iPod cable PN 82212160. You can find them both online for less than $300. After you do the install, you'll need to have the dealer program the vehicle for sales code RSP. Call around on this because you'll find dealers that want to charge between 50 & $100.

#19 ·
Anyone done this install? I wonder how the added Uconnect features compares to a radio with Uconnect installed from factory and if the streaming audio and hands-free features have good quality. It looks like the kit comes with a mic...but is it a quality mic? Also, why would the system require a re-flash if this is only linked to the stereo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.