#1 ·
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Orange/White
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Yellow
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Behind the glove box.
Front Speakers Size: N/A
Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Red
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Red
Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

See less See more
#2 ·
Front door speakers - 6X9"
Rear speakers - 5.25"

The optional premium speaker system features Infinity model speakers in six locations. Each of the standard front door speakers are replaced with Infinity model speakers that include integral dual 30 watt amplifiers. Each of the standard rear speakers is also replaced by an Infinity model speaker. The premium speaker system also includes an additional Infinity tweeter mounted in the A-pillar garnish molding. The total available power of the premium speaker system is about 120 watts.

#4 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and although I've done my searching I think this is the place to ask.

I have a 99 Ram 1500 with the infinity system as described above. I am going to replace my head unit and wanted to replace the speakers as well. I noticed though that when I removed the front speakers with the custom amp on it that it was connected by a bundle of wires. How do I go about installing a new speaker with this bundle of wires I have now? Same follows for the rear speakers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

#6 ·
Since this question has been asked many times in many places, and the predominate answer seems to be "bypass", I thought I'd add to the information already provided in this, the most helpful/complete thread on the subject...

In my 1998 RAM 1500, the 6 pin speaker connector in the doors are wired as follows:
Viewing the vehicle harness connector, with the orientation lobes facing up... Left to right, Pin 1-6.

LH Door

1. Dark Green (FL +)
  2. Violet w/Black
  3. Yellow w/Red (LH Tweeter +)
  4. Brown w/Red (FL -)
  5. Black w/Red
  6. Yellow w/Black (LH Tweeter -)

RH Door

1. Violet (FR +)
  2. Violet w/Black
  3. Light Blue w/Red (RH Tweeter +)
  4. Blue w/Red (FR -)
  5. Black w/Red
  6. Light Blue w/Black (RH Tweeter -)

Speaker Amplifier Harness
(Both sides the same - mating pins to the above)

1. Blue
  2. Green
  3. Yellow
  4. Brown
  5. Violet
  6. Orange

I cut the harness from the amplifiers, and joined up the wires as follows;

• Pin 1 (Blue), Pin 3 (Yellow), New Speaker Lead +
  • Pin 4 (Brown), Pin 6 (Orange), New Speaker Lead -
Pins 2 & 5 where individually terminated... these would logically be the power supply for the old speaker amplifiers.

With a new (amplified) head unit and speakers, this wiring worked great, without hacking the standard vehicle harness.

#7 ·
I cut the harness from the amplifiers, and joined up the wires as follows;

• Pin 1 (Blue), Pin 3 (Yellow), New Speaker Lead +
  • Pin 4 (Brown), Pin 6 (Orange), New Speaker Lead -
Pins 2 & 5 where individually terminated... these would logically be the power supply for the old speaker amplifiers...
Thanks for the information Bryan. This made installing my speakers a breeze.
Adan.

#9 ·
Ok so I'm one new to dodges and 2 I stalling an aftermarket deck. I get power but no audio. It's a 98 ram 1500 with 6 speaker stereo. There was a black/blue stripe wire hooked onto the back of factory deck like it was a ground. Can someone please help me. The head unit is a pioneer dmh1500nex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.