DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Custom Fiberglass Sub Enclosure Crew Cab

18K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Black Z28 
#1 ·
Hey guys, figured I would throw this up here, and I know a few guys have done this, but I gave it a whirl myself.

Honestly, it was pretty damn easy, and even a novice with fiberglass could do this. So, if you have a jigsaw, some MDF/Plywood, your fiberglass and resin and a little patience...then you're good to go.

What I did in my case, was remove the cover over the storage compartment. And start working. I made a template of the frame using cardboard, then transferred that to a piece of plywood I had laying around. Then made a Identical outer shape for the top. I use the same piece of cardboard to make the lower frame as well.

Once, I had that all cut out, I got the sander out and smoothed the outer surface of the frame to be nice and flush. Then made sure it was all good to go in the truck.

Then, like everyone else, I taped the crap out of the carpet, and started going to town with the fiberglass. I used as much cloth as I could, then used the matting in smaller areas..just seemed the cloth worked in flat areas, and the matting laid down nicely in the tight areas.

Let it dry, and go after for a few more layers.

Once it was all dry, I sanded down the frame so the top part plywood would sit nice and flush. I still used some liquid nails to make sure there were no leaks. Screwed the two panels together, and called it good.

I personally left some of the tape on there because I was lazy, and honestly, it seemed to kinda help keep the enclosure fit nice and snug in the "pit".

Carpet for a nice clean finish...and here ya go.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
I guess you could make the fixture, and fill it up with water, then measure the volume. A liter of water is a liter of air. Then convert to SEA.

If anyone is interested in the box, I'm going to sell it. I got rid of the Ram, way too many problems with it for such a new truck( 2 AC units, transmission, water pump, radiator, power steering pump, rear end, exhaust manifolds...the thing was just a POS for only being a few years old, and very easy miles on it), and went with a GMC.

PM me if you're interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.