DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mygig

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  stangd1909 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I have recently installed the RBZ unit same as you first option. The second unit is the previous version to the RBZ and it is most likely a bit more "used". Not much difference between the two other than different manufacturers and placement of the buttons in the front, I like the uconnect buttons on the left. I am not sure if the older unit has the same size hard drive as the newer one.

Also the second unit is not ready for satelite radio.

My install was very easy taking less than 10 minutes. So far I love the unit and have had no problems at all.

#8 · (Edited)
Make sure that the radio that you buy was Made for use in North America,
they make some of these radios for use overseas & they won't work here

the RAM radios that fit your Ram are
RHR 730N ... with Navigation, it is not a Garmin mapping system, usually comes with all the options
RHB 430N ... with Navigation, with Garmin mapping, usually comes with all the options

RBZ 430 ... no navigation, but still a good radio, all options are available, but check to make sure they work

there are 2 pieces of crap, both called RES 130, stay away !!

many people are starting to buy the after market radios, they are slightly larger in size & a bit of trimming is needed on the dash to make them fit, the after market Bezel covers the trimming

Reactions: stangd1909
#15 · (Edited)
I wish that seller took better images

Look at this site, it explains the different radios, high & low speed, vehicles that they work in, what it takes to do whatever, serial numbers, etc.
It is the most complete write up on our radios

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/...nnect-software-fix-available-2-5-11-a-960968/

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/ is located in
Country United States of America
State FLORIDA
County SEMINOLE
City OVIEDO

they take vehicles going overseas & pull the radios out & sell them, then they install the Made for Use in Europe radios into the vehicles, so that they are ready for the customer over there

According to their website, these are the Mygig radios that will work in your Ram, stay away from the bottom 2 radios. the radios that you want are going to be $450 & up, click the radio that you believe you want & look at the MORE info, it goes into detail
It even has a HOW TO on the installation into your Ram
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index...=0&keyword="2011+Dodge+Ram+1500+(NA)"&sort=3d

#17 ·
Awesome, Thanks so much for the info. I will be in Oviedo this weekend. My parents live there, so I will go and check this place out. Doesn't look hard to install at all.

I know what you mean on the PITA part, I purchased a low speed unit locally from seller who listed that it had come out of his wifes 2011 liberty which should work although his wife drives a compass.:doh:

Luckily it was local so I did not have to go through the pain of shipping back the unit.

Once I found the correct unit for my truck it was easy to install and I am really enjoying it.

Oh, that sucks, at;east you can't it taken care of. Did you get the MYGIG with nav? Some people are telling me to go that route, but I don't think I need it. I have Nav in my Lexus and I never use it.

#16 · (Edited)
I know what you mean on the PITA part, I purchased a low speed unit locally from seller who listed that it had come out of his wifes 2011 liberty which should work although his wife drives a compass.:doh:

Luckily it was local so I did not have to go through the pain of shipping back the unit.

Once I found the correct unit for my truck it was easy to install and I am really enjoying it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.