DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Adding Uconnect Steering Wheel Controls

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  voodoochi1d 
#1 ·
So I just got my brand new Ram 1500 Express with RES-RSC radio. Main reason I upgraded to the bluetooth capable was for music streaming, NOT phone calls. One big problem, I expected to have some steering wheel controls and I have none! Not sure if this was an option because I was never mentioned it. Cut to the chase, I know for a fact that the RES-RSC is steering wheel control capable so is it possible for me to install the actual controls myself? Pretty pissed off about this because I custom ordered the truck for a reason, to get exactly what I wanted, then I dont get exactly what I wanted.

#3 ·
The thing that will make or break the deal is the clock-spring. This is the electrical connector that is between the steering wheel and the steering column. In the past vehicles have had several different clocks-springs depending on vehicle content. However I was talking to a person a short while back about this same issue. He said that he thought Chrysler had gone to one fully populated clock-spring. If this is the case then all you would need to do is install the steering wheel. You may also have to flash the vehicle to tell it that you now have the steering wheel controls. This because the switch commands will be sent across the CAN BUS network and the vehicle will need to know what to do with the commands.
You may be able to get with the sales mgr and service mgr, look at the schematics to see about this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.