DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pac C2R-CHY4 to Kenwood Deck Question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rtkman 
#1 ·
I may sound pretty dumb asking this but on my kenwood connection there is a fuse on the battery line, and if you look on the PAC connection there is a fuse too, but it is between the pac and the OEM adapter to the truck, is having both of those fuses there a bad thing??

You can see in the image the black box off the yellow wire from the pac to OEM adapter (GREY)

As well the left box (WHITE) has the fuse that runs from the deck adapter that is supposed to be wired directly to the OEM adapter

Any info is useful, Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have 4 wires coming off the can bus connecter that i dont really know what to do with, it is:

1. amp turn on input (No Amp Yet)
2. Parking Break Output
3. VSS input
4. Radios Reverse Input
???
not sure
First dont worry about 2 fuses. No biggie.

1: Amp on should be blue and white and should be connected to the Amp control wire on the head unit harness. (should also be blue and white I think)
2. Parking break output (Red / white) should be left disconnected if you either don't have a nav/video system or you are performing a bypass. Mine was left disconnected. I did a bypass.
3. VSS (purple/white) on my system went to the pink wire on the or vss input on the head unit harness. May or may not be used on yours depending on options
4. Reverse (green) on my system went to the violet/white reverse gear signal input. May or may not be used on yours depending on options.

Knowing your model # would help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.