DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have Audio Questions? We've Got Answers!

225K views 1K replies 370 participants last post by  Forcepro 
#1 ·
Daniel (chithead) and Jared (dodgeman70592) have generously offered up their time and expertise to answer your audio questions in this thread.

You will also want to read Jared's Basic Car Audio Electronics thread in this section.

So...do you have an audio question? Post them up here!

#2 ·
I have a 2006 2500 with the premium sound. Is there and where is the receptical for the line level audio output and amplifier power. I see the factory amp has these listed on its diagram. I'd like to add subs and an amp to the stock setup utilizing factory provisions. I know the srt10 had a similar setup.

#7 ·
ok i just bought an under the seat box that holds 2 12s[rear set qc]
what subs should i get?ive been looking at the kenwood kfc3012 subs with a kenwood kac-8105d mono amp.Would these work in my box?
the box is just a typical under the rear seat for 02-04 ram.

#13 ·
I agree, much appreciation to both of you for doing this for everyone! That said, I will stay out of this thread! :smileup:

- Cajun

#14 ·
Thanks for volunteering Jared and Daniel. Expertise in many areas is one thing this site is definitely not lacking whereas many other sites do.

#106 ·
Awesome thread/forum.

I have a 2010 crew with the Alpine system. I would agree with your general assessment. I can live with the highs by turning them down in the equalizer and I like the soundstage the 10 speaker system gives me, but I am really frustrated with the muddy midbass and non-existant low end on the system.

I would like to do a simple speaker swap but am concerned it will not fix the problems. What do you guys think? Would just upgrading the door speakers be a significant upgrade? I'm not trying to get the perfect system, I just want this thing to sound as good as some decent computer speakers :)

What about the sub? It's obviously lacking. Is that a power issue or a sub issue? Could I try a better 8" and amp or do I need to ditch the whole setup and do something like the 10" JL Stealthbox?

I want to keep this looking as factory as possible because this is a company vehicle.

#19 ·
I have a 2004 2500 with the infinity system. I recently tried to put an aftermarket deck (pioneer). When i hooked it up it wouldnt play sound through the speakers like its no getting power through the amp to power the speakers. If i hook up the stock deck turn the key on then unplug it and plug the aftermarket one in it works but as soon as i turned the key off and back on it doesnt work. Im using the scoshe adapter plug.

#20 ·
What is the part number on the Scoche harness? If it's a basic one, it probably does not have the remote turn on for the infinity amp. That seems to be what is happening.

By just turning the key on, your aftermarket deck is getting power, just not sound right?

#26 ·
#24 ·
To the left of the booster there is a plastic cover plate (yes drill a hole) That in turn runs into the cab above your foot controls, the you can easily hide the wires under carpet.

#30 ·
I just finished adding a few things to the outside of my truck and now I'm looking at improving my audio setup. I have the infinity sound system which I like, but I'm looking for more bass. Are you able to get a good amount of bass even with the small air space under the seats?

Thanks,

David

#33 ·
Yes, you can get a decent amount of space using the underseat area. You will have to add an aftermarket amplifier to the system to power the sub(s), for the Infinity amp doesnt have the power available

#38 ·
Hmmm, well, from what I have experimented with, 200-300 Watts RMS for 1-10" or 12", and 400-600 for 2 subs. Just make sure you are looking at true RMS power and not the "marketing scheme" peak power. One easy way to tell is by the size of the onboard fuses if they have them. Figure 100 true watts per 10 amps, so if it has 2-30amp fuses, you should be good for 600 watts.

I hate doing things the cheap way. If you're going to do it, do it right.... What box would you recommend?
http://www.foxacoustics.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

http://caraudiofactory.com/-c-22_28.html?osCsid=4cb925fea83998b74964e843487d17dc

Be sure to check mounting depth and air space requirements on your sub(s) to ensure proper ventilation and mounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.