DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Spacers all around

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
So last year I ha my truck leveled under the impression that they would do just the front, but the local 4x4 shop did all four coil sprins so it still has the rake but lets me fit my tires. I was wondering if it was possible to add bilstens 5100 shocks to a truck that was already leveled safely? Also would removibg the rear spacer be a hard project?

#2 ·
No, don't combine a spacer and the adjustable shocks.

removing the spacers would not be that difficult. a couple hour job if you have basic shop tools.

#3 ·
No, don't combine a spacer and the adjustable shocks.

removing the spacers would not be that difficult. a couple hour job if you have basic shop tools.
This. ^^^
Can't do it. One or the other.

#4 ·
Yup, exactly what the two gentlemen above said. You can't stack leveling kits and Bilsteins. Your CV shaft and A-arm angles would be ridiculous and not work at all.

As gonefishin776 said, removing the rear spacer is not hard at all. All you need to do is jack up the truck, support the frame with jackstands, remove the lower shock bolts and sway bar links, drop the rear end (be mindful of the brake lines), and remove the coils and then take the spacer off them. Literally can be done in about half an hour if you know what you're doing.

#5 ·
So last year I ha my truck leveled under the impression that they would do just the front, but the local 4x4 shop did all four coil sprins so it still has the rake but lets me fit my tires. I was wondering if it was possible to add bilstens 5100 shocks to a truck that was already leveled safely? Also would removibg the rear spacer be a hard project?
This is one of the strangest things I've heard.....

Did you ever confront them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.