DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hypertech Programmer

13K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  RamItIn 
#1 ·
I already posted this in another thread but thought I should let everyone know about this.

Alright guys I'm truly excited. I got my hypertech max energy - econ today, plugged it into my computer and I got the free upgrade to the Max Energy. Are you hearing the words that I am typing, FREE. So it says if you purchase the econ between 6/10/2010 and 9/10/2010, you get the max Energy for free. I highly recomend if anyone is looking for a programmer. I've got $258 bucks wrapped up in my programmer. I hope this works for everyone who buys it.

Purchase this

Max Energy Econ Power Programmer - Part #53001
Performance Gains
Regular Octane: +39HP +42TQ
Adjustable Features
•DTCs Read and Clear
•Return Back To Stock
•Internet Updateable

And get internet upgraded to this for no charge.

Max Energy Power Programmer - Part #52001
Performance Gains
Premium Octane: +47HP +51TQ
Regular Octane: +39HP +42TQ
Adjustable Features
•Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Gears 2.82, 3.07, 3.21, 3.42, 3.55, 3.73, 3.92, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 & 5.13
•Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 22.5 - 44 inches 1/4 inch increments
•Cooling Fans Stock, 180 degrees F, 195 degrees F
•Top Speed Limiter 25 - 75 MPH in 5 MPH increments, 81 to 255 MPH to match speed rated tires
•Rev Limit -500 to +500 RPM
•DTCs Read and Clear
•Return Back To Stock
•Internet Updateable

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats alot cheaper then other name brands. Let us know how well it works. I REALLY need to buy a tuner. The throttle response on my truck is getting to the point I get pissed and floor it all the time.

Put 200 miles or so on the tune and let us know how good it is. Ive heard alot of good about superchips so ive been leaning that way since bully dog wont do one for my year truck. If this is as good as it sounds ill jump on it in no time.

#9 ·
So you guys know, I drive like a grandpa. I rarely go over 2000 rpms. Therefore Im probably not the best person to review the programmer.

But there is a definite improvement in throttle response. I am glad that I bought the tuner.

This is what Summit's website says
"Buy a Hypertech E-CON Economy Power Programmer between June 10 and September 10, 2010 and Hypertech will upgrade it to complete Max Energy specifications for FREE via an internet download (a $50 value!). Visit www.hypertech.com for details on this offer. Valid on purchases made between 6/10/10 and 9/10/10."

#12 ·
I used a 15% coupon. Like every other day there home page has a different coupon code that you can use. Dont forget you can use RAMFORUMZ for $10 off.

#14 ·
Just install the software that comes with the tuner on your computer. Plug in your computer to your tuner, It will tell you to register your tuner. After it is registered click upgrade and it tells you that you get the free upgrade.

The unit comes set for the hemi so if you are gonna use it on a 4.7 you need to hook it up to your computer to switch it to the 4.7 anyways.

Autoanything says the software is not compatible with windows 7. So I went to Hypertech's website and downloaded the newest software(fully compatible with window 7 64bit).

One more note. When I registered mine, I only had the option of 3.7 or 5.7 engines. I selected 5.7 and left a comment during the registration that they need to update there registration webpage.

#16 ·
I Like it. There is a definite improvement in Throttle response. I have been doing my normal driving habits since the install, to see if there is an improvement im MPG's. Let you know how that goes later this week.

I like how there is basically only two tunes to the programmer(Regular gas and premium gas). It keeps it simple. If you want to tow or haul you simply press the tow haul button on you shifter. You dont need a seperate tune for this.

If you have different tires or gears. It asks when you do your tune. It is simple.

It took like ten minutes for the programmer to download the stock tune and upload the performance tune.

#21 ·
I was hoping to compare this to the Bully Dog for my 2013 1500 5.7 but they don't have a listing for the new trucks. For that price its almost worth giving a shot if performance were your primary goal. That sounds like half of all the others with few compromises. I have just started talking to Bully's Performance and they have been very helpful so far on answering any and all questions, very quickly too.

Never heard anything bad personally on Hypertech so good luck and have fun.

#22 ·
Don't ever sell a vehicle without returning the computer to stock because Hypertech will charge a fee of 200$ to reset the programmer. I realize the motivation behind this, but that's absurd. Oh well, trial and tribulation. I learned my lesson, on to Superchip, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.