DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Outdoorsman lift question

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  readeth 
#1 ·
Hey all. Have an Outdoorman picked out for a couple montsh down the road and am looking for some info on what I need to order from Mopar. To fit 33's on the 17 inch wheels do I just need a level kit for the front or do I need a 2-3" lift to fit these??

New to lift so go easy on me!!!!

#3 ·
I have to agree with City Slicker. If you level the truck you should fit the 33s no problem

G
#4 ·
I agree that the level kit will be enough. The issue for you will be how wide of a tire you wanna go with. I don't think you can go much over a 285 series tire with stock wheels. They don't have the right offset for the wider tires to clear the inside of your wheel wells.

#8 ·
Yea you can fit 33s on stock since the truck comes with it. Only thing is look at the width of the stock tires. They are really narrow compared to the real 33" tall tires. They will measure between 12.5"-15.5" wide. If you are looking at a mud terrain tire then the width will be an important thing to watch. MT tires usually have side walls with some tread wrap around which will add to the width of the tire. If you go with a level then a 33x12.5 will be the way to go......only problem is the stock wheels. You will most likely have some rubbing due to the width of the tire. You can always go the easy route and install everything and if it does happen then look into getting some wheel spacers. That isnt the best thing to do, since getting aftermarket wheels with a negative offset would be. That is just a cheap and easy way to fix a problem.

#10 ·
Great minds think alike!

......or your screwed up like me hahahaha

#12 ·
so hold on, because im trying to do something similar as well i have the stock 20's on my 1500 and i wanted to put some 33 muds on it, are you saying that they may not fit right without either an aftermarket rim or wheel spacers? and whats the problem exactly with wheel spacers?

#13 ·
It is not the height that will cause the problems it is the width of the tire. If you go with a 12.5" wide tire then you may have some rubbing on the suspension. I never had anything against wheel spacers but I have seen other guys bad mouthing them. If you go with a 1/4" spacer then it should be fine. You can always put the tires on and IF you have a problem then look at a fix for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.