DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Venting... truck is here but not what i ordered

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  readeth 
#1 ·
So my new outdoorsman that i've been waiting 4 months for finally arrived today. I ordered the crew cab with short box and what do i see waiting in the parking lot?? Quad cab with extended box... jeez....

what now... my truck lease is up in a few days so doesn't look good

#2 · (Edited)
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck when you get it. I think it's time to have them hunt for the match to what you ordered! Don't forget to drop by the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself, a convienent link is in my SIG.:Hey:

#5 ·
the lease is with a gmc... (i know, i know). i never had a gmc before so didn't want to buy it incase i didn't like it. turns out i didn't and wanted a ram but at the time the interest rate was through the roof here compared to the gm. we'll see what tomorrow brings. i may think different of the looks of it tomorrow. we'll see what they offer up.. i was going to buy a leveling kit for it. that would be a nice start for sure to say "it's on us"...

#10 ·
I agree with the rest above me. Don't just settle for a truck that is "like" the one you ordered. You put in that exact order for a reason....cause it's exactly what you wanted. I know the current situation your in vehicle wise is rough, but let them know that, and that you expect them to fix it since it is their fault in the first place. Well I'm done preaching lol. Good luck and let us know how it went.

#12 ·
So my new outdoorsman that i've been waiting 4 months for finally arrived today. I ordered the crew cab with short box and what do i see waiting in the parking lot?? Quad cab with extended box... jeez....

what now... my truck lease is up in a few days so doesn't look good

Hi Readeth,

Sorry to hear they brought in the wrong truck. I just purchased a Blue/Grey Outdoorsman - quad cab 4x4. In my opinion, it really comes down to what you want - the Quad Cab has a 6'3" box but less seating space in the back seat as compared to the Crew Cab which has a 5"7" box. For me, I prefer the longer box (bikes, hunting gear, etc.) and can make due with less back seat space for the few times I carry passengers.
If you really need the back seat space and you can make due with the shorter box then you should have the Dealership live up to their obligation of bringing in what you ordered. Just unfortunate that you have the GMC lease expiring. Perhaps you can talk the Dodge Dealer into loaning you something until they deliver the right vehicle - might be a long shot.

Good luck!!

#13 ·
I wouldn't have minded the more leg room in the back for the teenager....but well...I'll never sit in the back seat so he can deal with the no leg room...lol...plus my 4wheeler wouldn't have fit in the little bed, so it was either listen to the teen bitch what few times he has to ride in the back seat...or be able to haul crap that I need to haul....I opted for him bitching lol....besides we have the wifes Charger if we have to go on a "family" trip lol

#14 ·
Agreed with everyone above me, you specifically ordered a specific truck in a specific configuration because that is what you wanted. It's your money, which I'm sure they had no problem taking, so now they should have no problem getting you what you want and helping out with a loaner until they do, but good luck and keep us posted!

- Cajun

#15 ·
Great news... went into the dealership and they apologized for what happened and said they were gonna do whatever they could to make it up to me. anyways, turns out someone bought a truck that I wanted 3 hours away at another dealership but didn't show up to get it after it came in so they brought it up for me. it's what i wanted and it's freakin' awesome. i love it. it's a 2011 ram outdoorsman, silver metalic, in crew cab. we got remote start for free and upgrade to 20 inch wheels for free. they also threw in a leveling kit so I can say for the bit of headache I went through they more then made up for it. now just gonna go order some 33" bf mt km2's tomorrow. so all in all it was a very happy ending!!! :)

#28 ·
Congratulations on finally getting what you wanted. The dealer sounds great to work with. I guess you'll be mentioning their name to friends and family. Imagine someone ordering the same thing, 3hrs away. I wonder if maybe they sent it to the wrong dealer. Got the two mixed up. I couldn't imagine ordering a new truck and just not showing up. I know my bro ordered a new Mustang GT once, but due to issues before it came in he didn't bother getting it. He at least told the dealer the reason why he wasn't getting it

#22 ·
Sounds like you have a gem of a dealer. Might have to give them some maintenance business. :)

#23 ·
I wouldn't even consider a extended box, unless i was in the construction business
they look like something just off the ranch GEEZ

#24 ·
Good for you!!! Sounds like you have a great Dealership that acted with Professionalism and made good to their Customer. Make sure and post Pic's
when you can. Would like to see your Silver Outdoorsman. I just purchased
a Deep Water Blue Outdoorsman myself.

#29 ·
that really suxs dude....i dont know what i would do in that position

#31 ·
yes, the dealership was great.... i bought a rubicon from them a few years back and they were great then too. i wanted to get a truck 3 years ago but the interest rates at dodge were crazy at the time. glad to be back on the dodge side of things. getting the leveling kit instaled on thursday. just debating putting 34" good year wrangers on it.. this truck is gonna cost me... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.