DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lift question. Need expert advice

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Edokdyshi 
#1 ·
So I'm researching putting 35's on my truck. I just put a leveling kit on my 11' 1500 and I've been told that I can put a 35 inch tire in 60r/20 on my truck but that it will rub the bumper. I've also been told there is a spacer that can be used to fix this problem?? can some one shed some light onto this question and if i should be doing this. will i run into any problems with this setup??

i'm a newb. with lifting and such so be honest..

thanks in advance!!!

#2 ·
Well personally I don't like the look of a stuffed 35 with just a leveling kit. I think a nice beefy 33x12.5 looks perfect. If you were to fit a 35x12.5 you would have to either get after market wheels with a offest of at least -12 or a set of wheel spacers. In the long run I would go with aftermarket wheels if you were to get 35s but if I were you I would go with 33s. Just my .02!

#3 ·
I think most level kits say the max size is 33. Even some of the 4inch lifts say max size is only 34.5. Your trying to stuff those bad boys in and I am sure if you hit a big enough bump you will feel that tire rubbing. Not worth messing your truck up.

#4 ·
Guys,

This truck comes with 275/60R20's, which if you do the math are 33.1" already, I too have seen the lifts that offer the 35's with a 2.5" lift. Something to consider is to go with a 1.5 Body lift and I think you will clear those 35's with ease. Pro Comp offers a full 6" kit as well and claims you can run 37/12.50's with that lift. Just go to a good shop and you will be fine.

#5 ·
I have 37's on my 1500 with a BDS 6" lift. I had them on there before I added anything to the kit and it didn't rub.You can put 35's on there with just a level but you will need spacers or after market wheels "as stated above" to push your rims out from your steering arms. If you don't they will rub like crazy.The 35's will be stuffed in there too. Pics after you get it all installed :).

#7 ·
I was going to level mine but decided to just wait and do a 4in lift with the bilstein shocks added and while Im doign the lift just get the rims and tires.

#8 ·
On my 2010 2500, 35's do not fit on my truck with a level kit. They end up rubbing on the backside of the wheel well when I make turns. I don't know if this is gonna hold true for the 1500's or not. Just for reference I used 20x9 rims with a 4.5" backspace and a -12 offset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.