DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Trail Grapplers + Leveling kit on my Laramie

8K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  BluntGunk 
#1 ·
Hey guys long time i haven't posted but i did a rough country 2.5 inch front leveling kit and the 1.75 in the back and installed 295/65/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers all around. Suspension feels about the same as stock maybe a little bit harder but this could be due to the tires. What a difference in ground clearance though. Very slight vibration in 4 lock but nothing alarming it only seems to be there while accelerating from 20-35 mph and its very light.

See less See more
#5 ·
I have the same tire, best price I found was from Discounttiredirect.com. I had them call me with the best deal, they beat the best price i could find, shipped free, and threw in the 4th tire warranty free with the purchase of 3. The warranty covers everything, for the life of the tire which is like 2/32 tread. they ship a new one out free if anything happens. I think it was just under 1300 shipped, they definitely are not cheap but great tire so far.

Sorry to hijack the thread........back on track, truck looks great, my next dodge will be a white one :)

#8 ·
Mine dont rub, and i have the exact same setup as him, RC 2.5 front 1.75 rear and same tires/rim size.

#9 ·
EDIT: mine are actually 295/55 r 20, so his are bigger, not sure of his rubbing.

#10 ·
I rub very little if i turn the steering wheel all the way in either direction. Ive been wheeling and so far no trouble. It seems to rub right here:

#11 ·
Nice looking truck and choice in tires, definitely looks like you're having fun! :smileup:

- Cajun

#13 ·
thats one nice rig you got there bud and i have the same tires but in a 305/55/20 and i absolutley love them

#16 ·
4X4 4th gens have trouble with vibration when going with leveling kits. Some owners report horrible vibration while 4x4 is engaged others dont feel it. I feel it but very slightly and its nothing to worry about you have to pay attention to notice it.

#19 ·
4 years later

here i am 4 years after the post! haha, kind of a stretch, but any chance the leveling kit has given you any problems at all? what kit did you buy? and do you think they provide it in 2x4? really like the height and tires, i was thinking of leveling the same height and getting some AT 33's. not 100% how it would look though. heres my truck:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.