DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Got a NEW TOY

8K views 76 replies 23 participants last post by  BlackHemI 
#1 ·
Got it yesterday and wow what a difference it made!!:smileup:

See less See more
#36 ·
Ok I have to buy the trans tune for the firm shift. this is 40.00.

What would are the differences with the different octane settings...? how bad was your speedo off i think mines close to 8 mph but im only running 35's
The 91octane tune is like 3-4 more hp then the 87 tune and the 93 octane is like 3 more hp more then the 91 tune.I think this is right anyway.

Mine was off 10 mph at 70 mph. Now its dead on.

#50 · (Edited)
IDK bout that... maybe with LT headers, full exhaust, 85mm throttle body, Vararam, and if you remove your clutch fan. You might get 350 to the wheels with these mods total . If you had a Predator you could get a custom tune and get way more out of these mods...

And those 37s'' are gonna slow you way down now if you had the stock 20's i would say you could pull 350 to the wheels but not with the 37's on.

#40 ·
Congrats on the tuner! :smileup:
They really improve the driving experience. :D

#41 ·
Congrats on the tuner! :smileup:
They really improve the driving experience. :D

#44 ·
I had the Vararam and was disappointed. I opened to clean the filter after 4 months and noticed water (about 6 oz.) and pollen inside the the filter sitting next to the throttle body. I called Vararam and their customer service took care of the return, but it took a few weeks. When I spoke to the engineer after they anaylize the system to see what caused the leaking- he stated just before i purchased the unit their air filter supplier changed the spec without Vararam knowing. The 1/10th of the difference caused the lid not to close correctly. They have since resolved the issue, I guess I was lucky enough to catch it in time before it cuased any damage and notfied Vararam so they could get it straightened out before it happened to anyone else. As far as the 50hp...i would take that with a grain of salt. I was running 6.5's 0-60 stock intake and best with Vararam was 6.33 sec. Performance improvement most definetely, would I buy again...Yes, since they fixed the issue, but still tells me that the company doesnt have a lot of quality control measures in place to allow suppliers to change spec w/o letting the mfg know.

#45 ·
I installed the AFE Stage 2 and they claim a 23 HP and 18 lb/ft at the wheel increase.. airflow most definately improved, also waiting for a '11 tuner.. That being said, is there settings to map the tune for different intakes/exhaust systems (on all tuners)?

#46 ·
After these results its makin me want one!

#47 ·
I talked to Superchips Saturday and asked about the trans tune. While i was on the phone i asked about the difference between 87tune and 91tune. He said 87 was 17hp at the rear wheels. 91 is 40hp at the rear wheels. Makes me want to do the 91tune.

I was wanting a Volant cia. Dunno what to get. I know people with both Vararam and Volant. Both party's love what they have.

#48 ·
Jeez that's a huge difference!

#52 · (Edited)
350 to the wheels is 440-460 at the crank... I guess what im trying to say is dont take those HP numbers companies put on there products to heart. You wont ever see that much HP in the end.

You may have lost some power by adding a lift and those 37's But it sure does look good!

#53 ·
350 to the wheels is 440-460 at the crank... I guess what im trying to say is dont take those HP numbers companies put on there products to heart. You wont ever see that much HP in the end.

You many have lost some power by adding a lift and those 37's But it sure does look good!
Ok whats at my wheels now with 390hp stock without the tuner?

Thanks bro :). I really didnt lose that much power.

#54 ·
+-300 hp stock is about average for these trucks i cant tell you how much you will get with the tuner you will need a before and after on a dyno to know for sure. You could also do a before and after with the stock wheels on and then with the 37's...

#57 · (Edited)
I think that if you did get your truck DYNO'd with before and after with a new superchips tune you would be the first with these new 4th gens. I would love to see the real world numbers on their tunes.

#59 ·
tex- so if your spinning tires the times the SC give are wrong?

#60 ·
Yeh man same as with the DS tuners that have the 1/4 mile timed options... Cuz if your wheels spin it thinks that you are actually moving when in reality you aint!

#61 · (Edited)
ok becuase that makes sense because you can spin tires easily to 60 mph and in reality your going like 10 mph, and itll read 0-60 in like a crazy time, correct?

#63 ·
thats ridiculous! in as big of a truck as yours on top of that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.